Honored Contributor

I did the comparison of the plans on Medicare's site today.  I'll be keeping my same prescription plan for next year.  I'm relieved. I didn't feel like fooling with changes.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset   Cigna does now own express scripts as of 2021-22. They increased prices three fold maybe four even, which is why I changed my Part D.

Honored Contributor

Re: Part D shock!

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset   We've always used cvs for all sorts of items they sell from lipstick to nail polish to our scripts even before medicare for us now.  They're very local for us too, just right up the street from us, 5 minutes. 

I stayed with EP because that's what was offered me at my work when I did and afterwards when I retired. The rates were good, home deliveries were easy. Then Cigna bought them out and really raised the rates on drugs, the plan in general and even home deliveries which usually on Part D plans is less than picking them up.

Trusted Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

@sktchy   Hi!  I didn't go through the drug company (Novo Nordisc) website to apply.

My primary care physician (the prescriber) got the hospital pharmacist to contact me and he sent me an application that he filled out all the requisite info on....except for my financial info.  I brought very sensitive info (SS#, W2, tax forms etc.) to my doctor's office and they faxed the required stuff to the company. It takes only a couple of days to find out if you are approved.  The Dr. office staff let me watch them fax and then shred my sensitive documents. I think you should ask your doctor to help facilitate this.

BTW.... my doctor only responded after I told her I was not spending $465.00 a month for the drug.  She needed a plan B! I am so happy, as the Ozempic has brought my A1C 

from nearly 10 to 6!!  Good luck!

Thanks 781Florist !  I am currently paying $50 for a three month prescription.  

I have not lost weight. I have not had blood work for the A1C and to be honest I was surprised when my Dr gave me the script at all.  

I walk every day and workout at least 3x a week.  I am in good health (I had a lung transplant 17 years ago) but the meds are making me fat.  

Thank Goodness the Doctors are usually funny and are willing to help me lose my weight.

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I wonder which plan the OP had? Initially I started with United Healthcare part D. However, they really didn't cover anything. I did much, much better with a good RX coupon, and never used the coverage. Hence to say, I paid $30 a month for nothing. I am switching from United healthcare to Wellcare come January. 

The customer service from UHC is really bad, IMO.  

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@gertrudecloset   We've always used cvs for all sorts of items they sell from lipstick to nail polish to our scripts even before medicare for us now.  They're very local for us too, just right the street from us, 5 minutes. 

I stayed with EP because that's what was offered me at my work when I did and afterwards when I retired. The rates were good, home deliveries were easy. Then Cigna bought them out and really raised the rates on drugs, the plan in general and even home deliveries which usually on Part D plans is less than picking the up.

Good for you @PINKdogWOOD .  I don't give that company my business.  They are $$$ hungry when it comes to filling prescriptions.  I can only speak for the ones where I live in NYC.  I get my meds filled now, at a small mom and pop good neighbor pharmacy instead.

Don't want to do business with a drug store that also owns the health insurance company I'm in either.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@gertrudecloset   Cigna does now own express scripts as of 2021-22. They increased prices three fold maybe four even, which is why I changed my Part D.

@PINKdogWOODYes, I wrote that somewhere in here, when I realized that CVS only owns "Silver Scripts."

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor
I wasn’t surprised at increased costs. Someone has to pay for the “free” COVID vaccines & now tests. I’m not against either, had 4 COVID vaccines & test myself when I must.