Honored Contributor

Re: Paper Goods Have Gotten Expensive

@lovesrecess wrote:
I am not picky about paper towels as long as they have the full sheets. I hate those that tear off in a strip. Useless to me. I use Viva for my grandbaby...that’s all they use in the NICU so I figure if they are soft enough for preemie skin, they will work for any baby. Saves me laundry.

@lovesrecess 

My DH hates those select s size sheets. We like Viva brand - softer than the average paper towel. We use them as napkins when we can find them. 

Honored Contributor

We buy ours at Lidl.

This week they have a 12 double roll pack for $4.99.  It says compare to Angel Soft.  We won't be buying it because it has the lavender scented tubes and I can't stand the smell of lavender.

Valued Contributor

have purchased mine from Costco. 
I have seen the items at Target and at the grocery stores and there have been some on sale.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amazon is good for bulk paper purchases. I just ordered a second order of Amazon commercial deluxe 2 ply TP. 80 rolls for $45 and I just barely missed a deal they had on it that was in the $30s.

Loving it. When we finally have guests again, I might put out some Charmin for them. But for just us, it's absolutely nice and soft and thick enough. And it is individually paper wrapped and arrives all piled up neatly in a huge box. The wrap means I can have extras out where they can be seen in the powder room without being concerned about a flying water drop or dust.

We are less than 1/3 through the last order. I am just doing my squirrel routine now to prep for the fall when things could be even more chaotic than they are now.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

What state do you live in?????

Here in South Texas-HEB Grocery Store

6 rolls of Cottonelle $6.67

12 mega rolls of Cottonelle $12.85

12 mega rolls of Scott  is $10.28

12 rolls of Charmin $10.24

12 Quilted Northern $12.61

24 rolls Store Brand $9.24

36 rolls Store Brand $13.36

6 rolls Store Brand $6.16

6 rolls of Angel Soft $5.44

12 rolls Angel Soft $10.27

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Jordan2 

What state do you live in?????

Here in South Texas-HEB Grocery Store

6 rolls of Cottonelle $6.67

12 mega rolls of Cottonelle $12.85

12 mega rolls of Scott  is $10.28

12 rolls of Charmin $10.24

12 Quilted Northern $12.61

24 rolls Store Brand $9.24

36 rolls Store Brand $13.36

6 rolls Store Brand $6.16

6 rolls of Angel Soft $5.44

12 rolls Angel Soft $10.27

I live in NYC but do my shopping in Nassau County, New York. You know everything is more expensive in New York.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

We buy ours at Lidl.

This week they have a 12 double roll pack for $4.99.  It says compare to Angel Soft.  We won't be buying it because it has the lavender scented tubes and I can't stand the smell of lavender.

Ewww!  Can you imagine?  I don't like the smell of lavender either.

I don't know if them comparing their product to Angel Soft is doing them any favors anyway.   I recently had some of that.  The husband purchased it during the big tp shortage and gave me half of it.   I found it to not only NOT be soft, but it's super, super thin.

I guess I was spoiled with Cottonelle until Amazon quit my AD.  They replaced it with another brand, I'm thinking Northern, so I'll get one order when that month comes up and see if I like it ok.   The Angel Soft was so thin that I literally had to use twice as much and I'm extremely NOT wasteful.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

We buy ours at Lidl.

Ewww!  Can you imagine?  I don't like the smell of lavender either.

I don't know if them comparing their product to Angel Soft is doing them any favors anyway.   I recently had some of that.  The husband purchased it during the big tp shortage and gave me half of it.   I found it to not only NOT be soft, but it's super, super thin.

I guess I was spoiled with Cottonelle until Amazon quit my AD.  They replaced it with another brand, I'm thinking Northern, so I'll get one order when that month comes up and see if I like it ok.   The Angel Soft was so thin that I literally had to use twice as much and I'm extremely NOT wasteful.

@chickenbutt, Northern Ultra Soft Plush 3-ply is great. I just ordered more from Walmart.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I buy my paper products at Costco and have no idea what I pay for them.

I have two Costco sized packages of Charmin tp, one of Bounty paper towels and one of Kleenex in the guest bedroom!  Not expecting guests.....

Respected Contributor

I have stocked up so come winter I am prepared and staying away from the stores.  I'm no longer going to be caught off guard.  

I always thought purchasing paper products sure added to the grocery bill.  No wonder families have a hard time with groceries and have to do without items I consider necessary.

My daughter and family live down the street and so extra on hand helps them out too.  

I am seeing more products in the store but limits on them still.