Valued Contributor

Packages Tied Up with Strings

[ Edited ]

Or is that duct tape and a length of suspicious wire??

I received the weirdest package today.

It was delivered by the USPS.

And it was inside one of their sealed clear plastic sleeves stating that it was received in the condition it was delivered.

I had ZERO clue as to what was inside or who had sent it.

I had been expecting a couple of things from AMAZON but this had nothing on it identifying it at all as being either from Amazon or any business affiliated with it.

It was the size of something I had ordered. But then it could have contained really anything.

It was dark, stained in some sort of slick though dried ooze.

It reeeeally looked like something either from Amazon OR...the Uni-Bomber.

And it was MY MISSION to guess which! Smiley LOL

Even the return name and address were nearly missing due to the threatening stain of ooze.

I almost tossed it.

Well, first, I almost called the FBI.

And then the CDC to see what I could use on my hands and lungs should I be touching or inhaling some mad man's homemade concoction.

I even cursed the United States Post Office for delivering such a device, I mean, package. Gosh, what if their mail dogs hadn't sniffed anything but there was still some sort of a deadly detonator inside???

Hey, weirder things have happened.

Then I thought: Maybe someone sent me a deadly spider and in processing, it got squooshed and now I'm handling traces of its poisonous venom...sent to me from someone clearly without concern for me.

But then, I thought, "Who would that be?"

I remain in good standing with all of my past lovers.

And I know so few South American drug lords these days.

WHO would want to see me killed by the bite of the deadly Brazilian Wandering Spider???!!!

But being a dope, I instead tried to hobble together what I could of the return label.

I then went to AMAZON and sure enough a few of the letters did match the original vendor of the item I had purchased through Amazon.

I've bought a lot of things from Amazon but this one was the weirdest, most anonymous, tainted-looking package of any I have ever seen come from them. Most of the packages are marked somewhere with something that says, "AMAZON".

Anyway, I took the dare (hey, life is short) and opened the package. Why, I wasn't blown up or anything. (Although...how long does it take for anthrax to kick in???).

In the end, sure enough it was my item.

Clear Lucite sunglasses. Made in Italy and perfect for glamor days.

And they didn't even cost me my life in my quest to be chic and cool. (Always the best part). Smiley Happy

pack01.jpg

pack02.jpg

pack03.jpg

Regular Contributor

Re: Packages Tied Up with Strings

@surfk wrote:

Or is that duct tape and a length of suspicious wire??

I received the weirdest package today.

It was delivered by the USPS.

And it was inside one of their sealed clear plastic sleeves stating that it was received in the condition it was delivered.

I had ZERO clue as to what was inside or who had sent it.

I had been expecting a couple of things from AMAZON but this had nothing on it identifying it at all as being either from Amazon or any business affiliated with it.

It was the size of something I had ordered. But then it could have contained really anything.

It was dark, stained in some sort of slick though dried ooze.

It reeeeally looked like something either from Amazon OR...the Uni-Bomber.

And it was MY MISSION to guess which! Smiley LOL

Even the return name and address were nearly missing due to the threatening stain of ooze.

I almost tossed it.

Well, first, I almost called the FBI.

And then the CDC to see what I could use on my hands and lungs should I be touching or inhaling some mad man's homemade concoction.

I even cursed the United States Post Office for delivering such a device, I mean, package. Gosh, what if their mail dogs hadn't sniffed anything but there was still some sort of a deadly detonator inside???

Hey, weirder things have happened.

Then I thought: Maybe someone sent me a deadly spider and in processing, it got squooshed and now I'm handling traces of its poisonous venom...sent to me from someone clearly without concern for me.

But then, I thought, "Who would that be?"

I remain in good standing with all of my past lovers.

And I know so few South American drug lords these days.

WHO would want to see me killed by the bite of the deadly Brazilian Wandering Spider???!!!

But being a dope, I instead tried to hobble together what I could of the return label.

I then went to AMAZON and sure enough a few of the letters did match the original vendor of the item I had purchased through Amazon.

I've bought a lot of things from Amazon but this one was the weirdest, most anonymous, tainted-looking package of any I have ever seen come from them. Most of the packages are marked somewhere with something that says, "AMAZON".

Anyway, I took the dare (hey, life is short) and opened the package. Why, I wasn't blown up or anything. (Although...how long does it take for anthrax to kick in???).

In the end, sure enough it was my item.

Clear Lucite sunglasses. Made in Italy and perfect for glamor days.

And they didn't even cost me my life in my quest to be chic and cool. (Always the best part). Smiley Happy

pack01.jpg

pack02.jpg

pack03.jpg

Fun!!!!  I hope you enjoy your new sunglasses!!:-)

Esteemed Contributor

I've received packages similar to what you've described.  They originated out of the country and was the handy work of U.S, Customs.  Sometimes they re wrap the package nicely , while other times thy were taped up so tight, you couldn't open them. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

OMG.jpgToo strange and too funny surfk. So this must have been an Amazon vendor and not something that says, "Sold by XX and fulfilled by Amazon?"

I stick to Amazon or fulfilled by, 'cause I'm a big chicken.mini haha.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Now there's a story to share with your co-workers, colleagues, friends in Italy!  Such tension, such drama, and a grand resolution.  Mah-ve-lous!

My USPS story today is just annoying and, so far, has no happy ending.  :-(

The QVC tracking said my package was put into my mailbox today.  I checked.  No package.

Once in a while, mail for my address goes to a home a few streets over.  That street starts with the same letter of the alphabet as my street and the house number is identical.  

I drove to that home but the fellow who lives there said no package came.  (He is a computer-geek type so would not be interested in the Susan Graver multi-chain tassel necklace I was expecting.)

I am leaving a note, written in large letters with a Sharpie, to leave in the mailbox for the mail carrier tomorrow.  I already wrote the note but if anyone has any suggestions on wording, I'd love to hear them.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed your thread, SurfK and I am happy to see you back. You would be greatly missed by many of us.

Enjoy your new sunglasses. You lifted my mood this evening and thanks!Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

'Neither rain nor snow nor heat nor gloom nor ricin....'

Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Now there's a story to share with your co-workers, colleagues, friends in Italy!  Such tension, such drama, and a grand resolution.  Mah-ve-lous!

My USPS story today is just annoying and, so far, has no happy ending.  :-(

The QVC tracking said my package was put into my mailbox today.  I checked.  No package.

Once in a while, mail for my address goes to a home a few streets over.  That street starts with the same letter of the alphabet as my street and the house number is identical.  

I drove to that home but the fellow who lives there said no package came.  (He is a computer-geek type so would not be interested in the Susan Graver multi-chain tassel necklace I was expecting.)

I am leaving a note, written in large letters with a Sharpie, to leave in the mailbox for the mail carrier tomorrow.  I already wrote the note but if anyone has any suggestions on wording, I'd love to hear them.

If your mail carrier is a guy, politely inform him to deliver your package before you kick him in his.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well I'm still MAD at post office!!! I very carefully packaged 6 un-used Bath & Body works candles to send to my niece. When I say enough bubble wrap, cardboard, stuffing to pack 4 boxes. Marked the box Fragile/glass even the clerk marked it! Then I sent priority mail because it gets special handling to the tune of $26.90!  Really????

every one of them was shattered!!! I don't know if they dropped it from a building but there is no way they should have broke!image.jpg

now I tell her the box is full of broken glass to toss it! I go to PO with my receipt w/insurance -- the claims dept wants to know if I have the original box and contents!!!! What!!!!

image.jpg

then claims decides pics would be OK...then they deny my claim as "not responsible for any glass items!" Gotta love the postal system😁😁😁😁