Respected Contributor

It’s standard at some hospitals in Maryland.  I know two women that had babies and left about 4 hours after giving birth.  If it was a normal delivery, and the mother and baby feel great, you can go home.  

Valued Contributor

She must have relatively easy labors.   Considering how sick she gets in the beginning, she is lucky to feel so good after delivery 

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Is it standard protocal to be discharged from the hospital 7 hours after delivering a baby in the UK?  Or is it that way just for the Royals? 

@ScrapHappy-----I had my last child almost 40 years ago. I was driven to the hospital in NYC around 7:00 a.m because my ob/gyn practices in Manhattan. Gave birth at around 11:00 a.m and was back home in NJ by dinner time with specific instructions from the Dr. regarding after care. That was SOP with the Dr/hospital 40 years ago.

Honored Contributor
I don't think I have ever seen another woman look that great just a few hours after giving birth...perhaps she had a stunt double who went through labor for her.....she was stunning....more power to her.
Respected Contributor

My 93 y.o. mother had 4 children. She told me that she was in the hospital 10 days with the first one (no complications & not a C-section). After 3 days, the doctor came in and told her that she could sit on the edge of the bed and dangle her legs that day. My how times have changed!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli