Respected Contributor

Is it standard protocal to be discharged from the hospital 7 hours after delivering a baby in the UK?  Or is it that way just for the Royals? 

Honored Contributor

I wondered that also. I wonder if it is a security concern.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I don’t think that’s standard. 

They're royals and have more than enough support at home - medically and physically.   I’m sure it’s a security issue also 

Honored Contributor

It is not unusual for healthy mothers and babies to be discharged from the hospital here in the US after 8 hours or so, if they request it. Many women go home ASAP.

Insurance companies must pay for home care visits if a woman decides she wants to go home before 48 hours for an uncomplicated vaginal delivery.

Kate, I  assume has medical supervision at home where she can rest in peace and quiet and with privacy.

Honored Contributor

I don’t know but my guess is security reasons and their presence is a big distraction.

Honored Contributor

Decades ago when I had my daughter, I felt so goo,d I told my MIL I wished I could go home immediately.  I did the next day. It was unheard of back then

You aren't ill, You just got all of the hard work behind you. There is no reason a healthy woman shouldn't go home..

Valued Contributor

Gooogle:   Why Does Kate Middleton Leave Hospital So Soon After Giving Birth.  The article from people dot com explains it.

Honored Contributor

I think they (Will and Kate) realize they monopolize that whole wing of the hospital, so they try to get themselves out of there asap so everything can get back to normal for the other patients and their visitors.

Esteemed Contributor

If she could do it good for her.I couldn’t & wouldn’t have wanted to!!  “To each their own”

Super Contributor

All I know is she looked absolutely stunning after just giving birth!