Respected Contributor

I don't think prices will ever go back to what they were. They have all kind of excuses as to why prices keep going up. My thought is greed. All that's going on now in the financials is totally scary.I pretty much only purchase what is essential, like food. Rarely buy clothes, have enough jewelry and "stuff". Right now I'm looking at a $2000.00 bill to have a polyp removed from my cats ear, so that's how it goes.

Honored Contributor

Omg....  Just shop wherever you get the best value for your dollar.  Prices here are never going down.  Qvc never was and never will be the home of $8 tees and $20 dresses.

Regular Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I don't think prices will ever go back to what they were. They have all kind of excuses as to why prices keep going up. My thought is greed. All that's going on now in the financials is totally scary.I pretty much only purchase what is essential, like food. Rarely buy clothes, have enough jewelry and "stuff". Right now I'm looking at a $2000.00 bill to have a polyp removed from my cats ear, so that's how it goes.

Yes, prices will never go back down. Two reasons: COVID and no one wants to work anymore, so to get people to work companies had to increase everyone's pay. In turn, prices have to be raised across the board to pay for the higher salaries. And #2, it's who's in office.

Respected Contributor

after the BIG layoff or whatever, I started wondering if qvc-uk and qvc-other countries, were doing the same as qvc-us? rising prices/shipping/etc. Then, i wondered if the 400 were across the board qvc-us, uk, etc.

no answers, just wondering

Respected Contributor

OneStopPlus - 50% - Mar 13-19

Respected Contributor

Lucky you to find some white jeans for such a great price! Unfortunately, we have lost many of our thrift shops here since the COVID lockdown. The Goodwill is one of the few remaining, and their prices and selection are terrible now. They are terribly understaffed so much of the clothing they have in their stores is piled on racks and not on hangers...they don't even have donation trucks manned now...so people leave their bags of donated stuff in piles next to the truck. I went into one of their stores about a month ago and made a quick U turn after a few minutes. $14 for a Kohls tshirt that had pilling on it? I don't think so. Oh, and most of their womens jeans were &18.99. No, thanks.