Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Redshoes07 wrote:

Unfortunately prices are going everywhere, not only here. Food prices also, it's inflation.

@Redshoes07 .  One of our local drive-thru burrito places here in Denver has raised their prices for a chicken burrito from $6.95 to 11.95.  Crazy to raise prices over 40% for a drive-thru.

And since El Taco Rey closed in Colorado Springs, don't really know of a good reasonably priced burrito / taco place any longer.  @SilleeMee did you ever go there?

@rockygems123 

El Taco Rey was my all-time favorite Mexican food restaurant! I miss it terribly. You know the reason why it closed was b/c the matriarch of the family who opened it long ago passed away from covid and the younger family members didn't want to keep the business going. Sad.

New Contributor

Yes I have noticed!  It is nuts!   I know all prices in all things and stores have gone up.....and the government tries to say there is only a 7% inflation....RIGHT!.   And I have noticed as the price went up, the quality went down.  I can't justifiy $70 for a tshirt top.  I'm sorry, my employer hasn't increased what they pay me by that much so how could I aford that increase?  Ridiculous.   3 years ago, I used to pay 20-25 dollars for a home decor item, now that same type item is $79 dollars(and still comes from China) and the ones that used to be $39 are now $100 or more.  REALLY?   Oh I can afford it......my employer just gave me a cost of living raise of .30 cents an hour .....that should help....right?    WHATEVER.   And QVC wonders why their sales have gone down.   It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Honored Contributor

"Just wait. You're gonna be shocked at the jaw-dropping prices next year." 

A statement similar to that was written by a poster here over a year ago maybe longer than that, can't remember who that was. But some of the other posters in that tread responded by saying that was an exaggeration and other posters said things couldn't get much worse than they already were at that time. Well here we are and it ain't done yet.

Respected Contributor

I like to buy clothes from QVC.  There are brands that, for the most part, I know what I am getting, regarding quality, fabric, fit, size, etc. I know what to expect. Kind of gotten used to it and feel most of what I choose to buy, when they arrive, are almost all hits instead of misses.   These days my needs are small and my budget smaller.  So I only buy lunchtime specials, TSVs,  big deals, clearance, and one time only prices.  I will not pay 70 bucks for a t-shirt or 100 dollars for jeans.  Last week I almost caved and bought a logo t-shirt that was a one time only, but even that was about 65 bucks.  Glad I came to my senses and did not get it.  There are folks that can afford it, and I say good for them, more power to them.  I am just not in that group of people.

edited to add:  when I say that my needs are small and my budget even smaller, I left out the fact that my wants are as big as ever.  Hehehe, I am still the same me, but doing my best to control my spendy ways since I retired.

Trusted Contributor

@rockygems123 My daughter lives in Monument. We went out to dinner twice while I was visiting. Once was to some big sushi place in the Springs, for two of us it was $85 + tax. Then, they ordered Thai food one night, it was close to $100 for the three of us. Crazy expensive. By the way, a year or two back we went to La Casa Fiesta and it was very good Mexican food. Of course, prices were probably much cheaper then. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Redshoes07 wrote:

Unfortunately prices are going everywhere, not only here. Food prices also, it's inflation.

@Redshoes07 .  One of our local drive-thru burrito places here in Denver has raised their prices for a chicken burrito from $6.95 to 11.95.  Crazy to raise prices over 40% for a drive-thru.

And since El Taco Rey closed in Colorado Springs, don't really know of a good reasonably priced burrito / taco place any longer.  @SilleeMee did you ever go there?

@rockygems123 

El Taco Rey was my all-time favorite Mexican food restaurant! I miss it terribly. You know the reason why it closed was b/c the matriarch of the family who opened it long ago passed away from covid and the younger family members didn't want to keep the business going. Sad.

@SilleeMeeaww no you miss it too!  I spoke with a family member when I was in there last, female about 50ish and she had had covid and was worn out. I wonder if this was the founder or a daughter? 

Respected Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@rockygems123 My daughter lives in Monument. We went out to dinner twice while I was visiting. Once was to some big sushi place in the Springs, for two of us it was $85 + tax. Then, they ordered Thai food one night, it was close to $100 for the three of us. Crazy expensive. By the way, a year or two back we went to La Casa Fiesta and it was very good Mexican food. Of course, prices were probably much cheaper then. 

@cjm61is La Casa Fiesta on Academy in the Springs?  And those prices you quoted are the same if not more here in Denver. We've really scaled back.

Trusted Contributor

I find good deals and good prices at Kohls, Macy's, Costco, etc.  I got in the habit of buying on QVC because it was so convenient, and the prices were about the same (or less!) than I could find in the stores. 

NOT ANYMORE.  The prices are ridiculously high for average (or less!) quality items.

Everyone has to do what is best for them and their situation.  For me, it isn't QVC right now.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

"Just wait. You're gonna be shocked at the jaw-dropping prices next year." 

A statement similar to that was written by a poster here over a year ago maybe longer than that, can't remember who that was. But some of the other posters in that tread responded by saying that was an exaggeration and other posters said things couldn't get much worse than they already were at that time. Well here we are and it ain't done yet.

@SilleeMee  I remember that statement and nodding because I agreed with it. The number of people who went off on that person....wonder what they're thinking now?

Back before Christmas, talking around July 4th, friend of mine informed to that if you have ANY CC's to pay them off asap. I said why and she replied "rates are going to soar. They'll slow down a bit after the New Year, but then...hang on. It's going to get ugly. Hang on to cash at home as well".  She was right. Many CC's are at 32% interest and increased almost weekly. Banking....makes me wonder just how much she knows (she's in banking in NY and is so financially savvy....wish I had her brain regarding finance. When she says something, we listen; especially since she's been on the mark every time. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Nope, haven't noticed at all.