Honored Contributor

Re: ***POSSIBLE*** Coronavirus Breakthrough

[ Edited ]

The press release from this company reminds me of Elizabeth Holmes and THERANOS. 

Honored Contributor

Here's a statement from Sorrento Therapeutics. It's too good to be true. 

"We want to emphasize there is a cure. There is a solution that works 100 percent," Dr. Henry Ji, founder and CEO of Sorrento Therapeutics, told Fox News. "If we have the neutralizing antibody in your body, you don't need the social distancing. You can open up a society without fear."

Kool Ade? Sounds exactly like THERANOS all over again. The company's stock price has soared 244%. 

Respected Contributor

And there's this..

Sorrento recently announced it will be partnering with New York-based health care system Mount Sinai to create an antibody cocktail to be used against COVID-19. Sorrento officials said STI-1499 will most likely be the first antibody in the cocktail.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorrento is far from the only company working on an antibody-based approach to a coronavirus treatment. Bigger players like Eli Lilly and Regeneron Pharmaceutical  also have programs in this arena.

Several other biotech companies are also working on antibody approaches to coronavirus treatment. Vir Biotechnology  has partnerships with GlaxoSmithKline and BiogenAmgen and small biotech partner Adaptive Biotechnologies  are seeking antibody drugs. 

Also Friday, Hologic stock rose 1% to 51.93 after the medical technology company gained FDA authorization for a coronavirus test.

Hologic can now launch a second molecular test to detect genetic material from the virus under the FDA's emergency use authorization. The new test runs on Hologic's Panther system. The company estimates there are more than 1,000 systems installed in U.S. labs.

Each system can provide initial results of the coronavirus test within three hours. These systems can also process more than 1,000 coronavirus tests within 24 hours, Hologic said in a news release. The company expects to make 1 million tests each week. Hologic can run 1.5 million to 2 million coronavirus tests per week, spokeswoman Jane Mazur said in an email.

~investors

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer 

What is HCG, please 

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

We already have HCG, and it was a game changer.  

Hydroxychloroquine.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
I would love for people to refrain from their political digs.

@Pearlee 

So would I.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer 

What is HCG, please 

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

Hydroxychloroquine.  

@Blahblahvampemer 

Then it is HCQ.

HCG is what is tested for to confirm pregnancy.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 Wouldn't that be WONDERFUL?!!!  It would be beyond amazing to have this nightmare end!

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer 

What is HCG, please 

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

Hydroxychloroquine.  

@Blahblahvampemer 

Then it is HCQ.

HCG is what is tested for to confirm pregnancy.

@Drythe    Best laugh I've had all week.  Thanks Drythe.Heart

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

I'm more optimistic and excited about the vaccine being developed by Oxford University in conjuction with Astrazeneca.  There are several articles about it, but here is one from CBS News:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oxford-university-monkey-trial-of-coronavirus-vaccine-shows-encouraging...