Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

From The Guardian:

While Johnson is not known to have any underlying health conditions, he has been open about his struggle with obesity – a known risk factor for coronavirus.

According to a report published last week, more than 70% of patients placed in intensive care after being infected with Covid-19 were overweight, obese or severely obese on the body mass index scale.

In December 2018, when Johnson was foreign secretary, he said in the Spectator that he weighed 16 and a half stone, which at 5ft 9in would have put him in the obese category. Johnson has lost weight since then, but it has fluctuated significantly throughout his political career.

That's interesting, I hadn't read or seen any suggested connection with weight or obesity. 

The news reported that might be why New Orleans has been particularly hard hit.  The population in general has more obesity and more diabetes. 

Honored Contributor
@esmerelda Photographs show clearly that he is quite overweight. People can see that. It's obvious without knowing how many pounds --or stones-- he weighs. And I think you know that.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@esmereldaPhotographs show clearly that he is quite overweight. People can see that. It's obvious without knowing how many pounds --or stones-- he weighs. And I think you know that.

@Pearlee   Don’t tell me what I know. I haven’t seen any photographs except one with his domestic partner (?). And he looked good in that one. I’ve read that he’s a runner and a cyclist. I read that he’s 175 pounds on a 5’9” frame. And I don’t know how old any of that information is.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor
@esmerelda. I didn't tell you what you know. I expressed my own opinion, beginning with "I think." See? My own opinion.
Contributor

One guess on whom owns stock in the drugs he is pushing.....

Valued Contributor

No one ever called this virus a hoax. Many doctors all over the world are using or trying these drugs. 

Respected Contributor

Re: PM Boris Johnson

[ Edited ]

it is important that doctors/patients have ability to choose medical treatment in  their consultations as laws and regulations on the books protect- and have access  to medicines at a time like this. this is the whole point of off-label, orphan drugs, right-to-try law.  several drugs being used to fight corona are generics now - some are approved for other uses and some are in trials including NY's trial of the chloroquine cocktail ongoing for which the governor just requested more drugs yesterday.

Honored Contributor

@Debra Nugent wrote:

One guess on whom owns stock in the drugs he is pushing.....

Please...MANY people are being helped with the drug that is being used, and the drug is inexpensive and been around for years.

Try to shut off the news you listen to.......

Trusted Contributor

All this bickering is pointless. If, gawd forbid, any of us, or our parents, spouses, significant others, children, grandchild, siblings, best friends, etc., contracted this virus wouldn't you want to try anything that could possibly save your/their life?

It's not about politics or even profits, but saving lives. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

If I was ill and the drug was available, I would want it used....not all drugs are safe for all people. There are side effects for every drug.