Esteemed Contributor

PEOPLE WITH GOOD HEARTS

[ Edited ]

Here's the thing about people with good hearts...

They give you excuses when you don't explain yourself.  They accept apologies you don't give.  At your worst, they lift you up, even if it means putting their priorities aside.

Its because they don't make you work hard for the attention they give you.

They accept the love they think they've earned and you accept the love you think you are entitled to.

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING

Fear the day when a good heart gives up on you.  Our skies don't become grey out of no where.  Our sunshine does not allow the darkness to take over for no reason.

A heart doesn't turn cold unless it's been treated with coldness for a while.  Remember that.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

They give you excuses when you don't explain yourself.  They accept apologies you don't give.  At your worst, they lift you up, even if it means putting their priorities aside.

They accept the love they think they've earned and you accept the love you think you are entitled to.

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHIG

Fear the day when a good heart gives up on you.  Our skies don't become grey out of no where.  Our sunshine does not allow the darkness to take over for no reason.

A heart doesn't turn cold unless it's been treated with coldness for a while.  Remember that.

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@katwoman219 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHIG

Heart

@katwoman219   I noticed the spelling error and fixed it.  Thanks for the heart.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Regular Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@katwoman219 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHIG

Heart

@katwoman219   I noticed the spelling error and fixed it.  Thanks for the heart.

Thank You!

Honored Contributor

Personally I don't believe the true heart ever goes cold. Unconditional love is our nature and it goes on and on. Conditions don't matter to it.

It might not be possible to be around someone who has betrayed you or harmed you, for your own safety and wellbeing as well as theirs. But you can still love them unconditionally just as warmly and strongly as ever, and maintain hope for the person and believe in their future for them even when they can't.

Love doesn't mean being a squish. And having limits on others' behavior doesn't mean being cold. Just the way I see it, having lived as long as I have and having encountered plenty of people who are not very easy to love.

Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I only know a few people with what I consider a good heart.

I do treasure their friendship and I'm very careful to take care not to take advantage of their goodness.

I try to remember to remind them I'm there for them when they need help or just someone to listen and not judge.

Friendships must be carefully tended to.  It takes time and energy to care for a friendship.

But the rewards are well worth it.  I think all of us as we've gotten old(er) realize the importance of good friends.

In this life there are givers and takers. 

So, I ask you, which are you?  Come on...be honest.  Not what you'd like to be but what YOU THINK others would say about YOU.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 ...First of all I hope you don't think I was the author of the "People With Good Hearts"  unfortunately there was no name connected to this.

I had some amazing friends who sadly passed away.  One was a friend for 65 years, another 35 years and another 16 years.  In all of those years none of us ever said a cross word to the other.  What do I think others would say about me?  The same thing I would say about them...we were always there for one another, in any way possible.

Valued Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I love your posts and the messages in them!!! 

I know too well that good hearts are taken for granted. And the ones with the good hearts dont really realize their own value. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PEOPLE WITH GOOD HEARTS

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma WOW! I read this TWICE, and couldn't agree more.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖