Super Contributor

Anyone else notice higher prices?

I was looking through some items on QVC and was to see how much prices have gone up.  I bought some holiday items last year from VPH and the identical ones are being sold now for at least 20% higher.

Same with clothing.  Tops from some lines that used to be in the $35-45 range are now $50+.

I wonder if it's higher tarriffs or if the pandemic had something to do with this.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else notice higher prices?

Groceries are what I have noticed have skyrocketed in price.I think I am paying almost a third more for the same items I was buying in January. If this keeps up at this pace I won't have to do any dieting.....I won't be able to afford food.

Honored Contributor

@silkyk You've taken the thoughts right out of my head!  By the end of February I'd already decided I was done clothes shopping for the rest of 2020, so I really haven't paid all that much attention to those prices, but the food prices stun me almost every time I head to the supermarket.  

Esteemed Contributor

I may be wrong but I think the shipping cost has gone up too.

Trusted Contributor

The price on everything has gone up.  Where I work (worked- retiring in 16 days) we wore a uniform so I didn't pay for clothes but hubby and I socialized a lot with people from work so we dressed nicely.  No more. Been teleworking since March 15 so have been saving about $75 per week on gas.

In exchange groceries have gone up a LOT.  Because I am not buying much other that groceries and meds and a few odds and ends, I haven't noticed the prices going up but it is totally understandable.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy a great deal here any more, but do check things out and yes, I've noted what appear to be some big prices for things I don't personally find to be worth it... I've also noted some significantly higher prices elsewhere, so it isn't just here... I don't know the reasons, and while there might be some legitimate reasons for some of the prices we're seeing, I do think some merchants are taking advantage of supply chain issues related to the pandemic, which I find so unfortunate...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

After purchasing for many years, my budget can no longer afford Susan Graver clothing.  Just a thin simple top $50, yikes!  I buy her line off of ebay these days.  There are some affordable prices, and so far good quality.  

Honored Contributor

@busymom22 Prices have been going up all year for a number of reasons. And in all businesses, not just QVC.

Honored Contributor

There are still deals to be found just not on QVC. 

Honored Contributor

@busymom22    Retailers realized a lot of extra expenses due to the pandemic.  It's completely predictable that they'd pass most of it on to the consumer.  Just the increase in their unemployment tax liability to cover the state portion of unemployment benefits must be staggering.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment