Super Contributor

Re: Anyone else notice higher prices?

Groceries are definitely going up as well.  I think it just surprised me to see items that I bought last year at $30 now be $38, LOGO tops that I bought for $50 now $65+.  It's just very noticeable.

Esteemed Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Groceries are what I have noticed have skyrocketed in price.I think I am paying almost a third more for the same items I was buying in January. If this keeps up at this pace I won't have to do any dieting.....I won't be able to afford food.

Groceries are very high in price near me and not as many sales, although lately there are a few more than there used to be.   

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Everything seems to go up each day.  Clothes, Make Up, Jewelry, Cars, Groceries etc.  Some like Real Estate was created to go up.  While everything goes up, the dollar shrinks.  Paper money is getting worthless each day.  They constantly have to print more money everyday.

@songbird   I hardly ever put makeup on anymore, and no more 💄 because of masks.  

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Everything seems to go up each day.  Clothes, Make Up, Jewelry, Cars, Groceries etc.  Some like Real Estate was created to go up.  While everything goes up, the dollar shrinks.  Paper money is getting worthless each day.  They constantly have to print more money everyday.

@songbird   I hardly ever put makeup on anymore, and no more 💄 because of masks.  

I stopped when I was home during the early pandemic.  I recently started back to work on campus part time, so I started back up with make up under  the mask.  Then I got foundation stains on the mask. After washing it everyday, I dropped the foundation and kept eye make.  I still use eye make up everytime I go out.

Honored Contributor

Everything is higher, not just QVC.  Blame a lot of it on the pandemic and high demand because of the panic it has created.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Occasional Contributor

Yes, prices are much higher and that's because her products come from

China.  VPH does not make them at all along with not being made in the USA.

Honored Contributor

Grocery prices are higher b/c a lot of people are eating at home and not at restaurants or in schools. The demand for groceries is high right now so that translates to higher prices at the stores. No surprise there...economics 101.

Honored Contributor

We just pay what we have to pay for groceries.  I don't think what we buy is costing a great deal more overall.

Maybe it is due to the fact that it is just the two of us.

We have found ourselves not buying much of anything else unless necessary, so while I browse I don't really think of price but more of I don't really need this.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh