Respected Contributor

We walk without masks a little over a mile in our neighborhood whenever the weather permits. We see some other people, mostly joggers or dog walkers, and only a few of them wear masks, but everyone stays 6' away from each other. There's a park a few miles away that usually has beautiful Spring flowers, a pond with baby ducklings and nice walking paths. DH drove over to see if it was open, but the gates were shut in the middle of the afternoon. Even so, he said folks were parking along the street and going in. I guess the duckies were calling to them! 

Esteemed Contributor
Yes, I’m walking in my suburban neighborhood because of course the gym is closed. No need to wear a mask because I’m never within 6 ft of anyone. I’m also working in my yard. “Stay at Home” doesn’t mean you have to stay inside your house.
"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Yes!  Plus not only getting fresh air I've met people who live in my sub-community I didn't know!

No mask I don't feel it's necessary in the open spaces.  We don't walk together - my walking partner walks on the other side of the street.  We don't have sidewalks, but, big mouths cuz we talk the whole time 😉🙄🤷‍♀️

Trusted Contributor

I go outside everyday, but only in my yard and without a mask..  I work in my gardens and am almost finished planting my summer vegetables.  I haven't left the house for 3 weeks.  Been getting everything delivered, although I never get everything I've ordered.  If I had to leave the house I have medical masks and gloves left over from when DH and I had a practice.

Honored Contributor

DH and I sweep and rake when the weather permits.  No masks.  It's fairly quiet around here-mostly folks walking their dogs.  We wave and say "hello". 

Still need to maintain out front and in the back; still need to put out bins for organic, recycling, trash. Still see others doing the same.

Usually like to go over and pet the dogs but not doing that anymore.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I normally walk every day in a nearby nature park.  I no longer go there.  It’s become overcrowded and people do not follow social distancing recommendations.  I feel safer going to the grocery store than walking in that park.  In the grocery store, everyone is serious, no talking and they keep their distance.  When people get in that park, they lose all their inhibitions and get too close.  Runners are the worst.  They’re breathing heavily while passing within feet of other people. 

I stay inside more now and If I walk, I stay in the neighborhood where I can cross the street to avoid other people.  Most people are not wearing masks. 

Esteemed Contributor

Once a week we go to a nearby now desserted park to walk a bit and feed squirrels for 20 minutes. We dont walk our neighborhood and I might add I see peope out here mingling and kids playing. People dont listen! We are under quarantine except to work, groceries, Dr,, prescriptions, and food. and you may take a walk or bike ride but NO mingling!. Frankly I think they entire country shoud be totally shut down.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

We live in a condo complex and walk outside together when the weather is nice.

Walking is our "extra" exercise because we work out at home all the time.  We don't wear a mask in our quiet neighborhood as we are never that close to anyone else who may be walking their dog, etc.  I do feel that the fresh air and sunshine makes a huge difference in our well being.   It's somewhat therapeutic.  One time around is a full mile or a bit over, we generally do it twice and a few times up and down hills too!

Valued Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I walk with the dog several times a day.  I'm not wearing a mask yet.  The sidewalk is very wide with plenty of rocks where I can step to the side if need be.  

I can also sit outside in the backyard when I want to.  I wish I had bought the patio table and chairs that I was considering back in November.

I am not sure where you live but I ordered a patio set from amazon on Wednesday, late at night.  It said it would be at least 3 weeks for delivery, well it arrived yesterday!

Valued Contributor

I live on a very small quiet street.  I HATE walking until I get started.  Anyway, I am using this time wisely training my dog off leash to stay on the grass, not the road.

Don't worry, if he poos, I always pick it up and he only goes in the easement.  Not actual yards.