Esteemed Contributor

@september wrote:

I do.  Every day, for at least an hour.  I don't wear a mask, and I cross into the street or across the street, if I see other people approaching 

most others try to do the same. Had a weird episode today, when a couple (running) came around the corner behind me suddenly, and we were very close to each other.  The guy got a few feet ahead of me, and spit off to the side of the walkway.  I jumped away as quickly as I could.  Can't believe anyone could be such a slob at a time like this 

i'll say it one more time....you can't fix stupid.....i hope he twisted his ankle before his run was over....yup...i'm in that kind of mood.....glad you were aware of your surroundings...

Valued Contributor
yes, I sit in my yard to get sunshine & fresh air as often as I can. makes me feel rejuvenated & lifts my spirits. no close neighbors so I dont have to worry bout that.
Esteemed Contributor

My DH walks every day and I walk some of the time since our gym is closed.  We hot tub every day and I read a good book out on our front porch when it's warm enough.  We don't wear a mask to walk,  but today, I made us both two cotton fabric masks which we will wear whenever we have to go into a store.  We see lots of walkers, strollers and bikers.  

Honored Contributor

have been out walking almost every day 2 - 3 miles.

went out this week at different times to go to the bank, the post office, work, several grocery stores/sams club, and two restaurants for takeout.)

i am not wearing a mask or gloves and see very few people who are wearing them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I walk almost every day, usually with our dog. I've had to change our route, though, because our beach and beach path is closed. I go on streets where I feel safe walking in the street rather than the narrow sidewalks.

I am now wearing a mask (or some facsimile thereof) when I go to the market but not when walking. I'm careful to judge distance, although it's hard sometimes: like when two bicyclists came right up behind me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Yes, we go outside.  I need fresh air after siting at my desk all day, working.  My husband goes outside to work out.

I heard someone say, "What's the use of being alive if you can't live?".  To that, I say, "exactly".

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I go out for a walk everyday,. I just keep my distance from other people. I do see a lot of children playing together that do not live in the same house. That is lazy parenting at best. We all have to do our part to hopefully end this nightmare.

Honored Contributor

I'm trying to walk 20 minutes each day (it's still cold here) and DH walks about 45 minutes each day. No need for masks because we are somewhat rural with a park nearby. If someone was out there at the same time as me, I'd just walk home.

Honored Contributor

It's still a tad cool to be outside here.  We are supposed to reach 50 this week.  I would expect to see more activity.  I like to putter around the garage, so that's where you'll find me once it gets closer to 60.

Trusted Contributor

I recently downsized to an apartment, so I have to walk my dog every day. I don't wear a mask, but I don't walk quite as far as I did before. I have a patio where I can get some fresh air, & I'm enjoying turning it into my little oasis. I'm even having a go at starting a garden in a small area where I can plant, so we'll see how my brown thumb does!