Respected Contributor
On 3/8/2014 Lion said:

I saw the victim's mother on TV and she is on his side. She believes his story and supports him.

It really surprised me that the mother would support him and speak out on his behalf.

I thought she only gave 1 interview and it was to NBC. During that interview she never said she believed him. She said she wanted him to see her in court but he never looked her way. She said she needed to forgive so she could move on.

Honored Contributor

I finally watched a summary of the case on Dateline and just don't see how he could have thought she was an intruder. The hardest thing for me to accept is that they said a security guard contacted him to ask if everything was okay and he said yes.

Respected Contributor

I've caught bits and pieces (a little too long-drawn out to keep me engaged). It's my opinion that he did shoot her. It's also my opinion that anger can most definitely blind a person in the heat of the moment. Yes, it is quite possible that he shot her.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Regular Contributor

It has already been determined that he DID shoot her.

The question is was it intentional murder or self defense.

Esteemed Contributor

I heard something on the news about the defendant, that he has a bad temper and he found out his girlfriend met with her X-boyfriend a few days before she was murdered. I think he will be convicted.. his story is very shoddy... open fire on a closed bathroom door without knowing who was in the room? I think not!

Respected Contributor
On 3/8/2014 muttmom said:
On 3/8/2014 Lion said:

I saw the victim's mother on TV and she is on his side. She believes his story and supports him.

It really surprised me that the mother would support him and speak out on his behalf.

I thought she only gave 1 interview and it was to NBC. During that interview she never said she believed him. She said she wanted him to see her in court but he never looked her way. She said she needed to forgive so she could move on.

Hi muttmom - I don't remember where I saw her interviewed, but in the part I saw she definitely said she believed his explanation, that he didn't intend to kill her.

I was really surprised to hear her say that, but I think it may be so horrific and hard for her to deal with the idea that he purposely killed her daughter that she prefers, or has to believe he didn't do it on purpose.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

I believe he knew it was not a burglar in the bathroom. Did he intend to kill her? Only he can answer that question. The fact that he asked a friend to take the blame for the restaurant shooting, indicates to me he lies.

There are conflicting reports whether or not he had his prosthetic legs on. The former girlfriend said he could walk without them, but had trouble balancing. I would think it would take some balancing to fire that many shots in a short amount of time.

I saw the interview with Mrs. Steenkamp. I did not hear her say anything that would indicate she supports what OP says.

This week should be interesting.

Super Contributor

Another thought I have is that why would you automatically shoot through a bathroom door even if you thought it was an intruder? Why not have your gun ready but shout "Who's in there? Come out with your hands up!" or something like that? Do you really need to kill a possibly unarmed burglar? If what he says is true, he didn't do that or his gf would have answered him.

Honored Contributor
On 3/9/2014 lulu2 said:

I believe he knew it was not a burglar in the bathroom. Did he intend to kill her? Only he can answer that question. The fact that he asked a friend to take the blame for the restaurant shooting, indicates to me he lies.

There are conflicting reports whether or not he had his prosthetic legs on. The former girlfriend said he could walk without them, but had trouble balancing. I would think it would take some balancing to fire that many shots in a short amount of time.

I saw the interview with Mrs. Steenkamp. I did not hear her say anything that would indicate she supports what OP says.

This week should be interesting.

The Dateline program addressed this, I think the height of the bullet holes lends credibility that he must of had his legs on...........

Honored Contributor

The news reported he vomited repeatedly in court today when a witness (the pathologist who examined her body) described the condition of Reeva's body and blood soaked clothes.