Trusted Contributor

Do you think he'll be convicted? IMO he knew it was his gf in the bathroom and murdered her. I just wonder if he'll be convicted. What do you think?

Super Contributor

I find the whole thing very sad all the way around. Was it his temper.... was it a mistake... only the judge will be able to make that decision which will affect SO MANY LIVES. A lovely girl lost her life.... and that is the saddest part of all.....

Honored Contributor

Obviously he killed her. Why . . . and what was his intent . . . is the question the judge has to resolve. There are many nuances, it seems. I don't really know what to think about this case.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

I simply can't get around the fact that he left the bed and grabbed his gun from under the bed without ever checking first on the woman who he thought was lying next to him! That defies reason IMO. Wouldn't anyone's first reaction to a possible burglar (in the bathroom?) be to reach for your mate and warn them or at least check to see it's not them in the bathroom? Just can't get around that at all. And now the defense attorney is saying Oscar screams like a girl and that's what the neighbors heard! Hah! They asked his ex how he sounds when he yells and screams and she testified ""He sounds like a man!""

Definitely think he'll be convicted.

Honored Contributor

I guess the first inclination for me would be to bolt myself inside my bedroom and call the police. But that's just me. I don't even own a gun. But why would a burglar be in the bathroom, where he could easily be caught. Did Oscar really believe that? But with all that said, he's very popular. I predict he'll get off. But he has to live with that for the rest of his life.

Respected Contributor

So far we've heard, he shot a friend in the foot in a restaurant and he fired out of a car sun roof after he'd been pulled over. This guy is reckless. The former girlfriend said he always carried a loaded gun.

Super Contributor
On 3/8/2014 Krimpette said:

I guess the first inclination for me would be to bolt myself inside my bedroom and call the police. But that's just me. I don't even own a gun. But why would a burglar be in the bathroom, where he could easily be caught. Did Oscar really believe that? But with all that said, he's very popular. I predict he'll get off. But he has to live with that for the rest of his life.

It's not a jury trial so perhaps his popularity won't be a factor. There's just one judge deciding his fate.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/8/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

I simply can't get around the fact that he left the bed and grabbed his gun from under the bed without ever checking first on the woman who he thought was lying next to him! That defies reason IMO. Wouldn't anyone's first reaction to a possible burglar (in the bathroom?) be to reach for your mate and warn them or at least check to see it's not them in the bathroom? Just can't get around that at all. And now the defense attorney is saying Oscar screams like a girl and that's what the neighbors heard! Hah! They asked his ex how he sounds when he yells and screams and she testified ""He sounds like a man!""

Definitely think he'll be convicted.

ITA!

Esteemed Contributor

I think he will be convicted.

Honored Contributor
On 3/8/2014 BeckiWV said:

I think he will be convicted.

I surely HOPE he will be convicted.

Good thing the trial isn't in FLA!