Honored Contributor

Re: Ordering from E#vine--beware

I have at times a love/hate relationship with Evine.  Their CS used to be a nightmare but it is getting better.  I have been a customer of theirs since ValueVision and was always happy until I ordered a comforter from them.  It looked great on air but when I received it for me it looked like a sleeping bag.  After trying to stuff it back in the bag it was shipped in (I'm telling you this comforter was out of control), I realized I had paid a lot of money to be very disappointed.  I called CS and explained the situation and unfortunately hit on a bad rep and ended up telling her to cancel my account (which she actually did ironically).

We have since kissed and made up but it took years.  I very much like their Cook's Companion line and the CS for their products is top notch (had a problem with an air fryer I purchased and they couldn't have been nicer).  I am just very careful about what I do order from them as their return policy is very different from the other shopping channels and it'll cost you if you are not careful.

Honored Contributor

willdob3--I am very calm, thank you. And did order the right size according to the sizing charts. But having read the many reviews, the sizing is WAY off for the majority of people. I am not raging over this or feel I am being ripped off. And certainly would not let this ruin my life. But I did email my problem to CS and was issued a return lable , so all is well  and I did it very calmly and politely. You presume too much!!

Honored Contributor

Pink--if you read my post--I said that without the smart label you have to pay alot more than with the Smart Label, hence the over $20 fee without,  as opposed to the $6.99 fee with the lable. . And if I didn't say those words exactly , the meaning is there. I was just saying that everyone needs to be aware of that, as I was not until recently.  I ordered my "size" according to the sizing chart that was online and the jacket was at least 3 sizes too small. Reading the reviews , most folks had the same thing happen. But I would like to know, how many of us who shop this way, realize that not all things ordered, are from a vendor or from this shopping channel. I bet not alot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl wrote:

Pink--if you read my post--I said that without the smart label you have to pay alot more than with the Smart Label, hence the over $20 fee without,  as opposed to the $6.99 fee with the lable. . And if I didn't say those words exactly , the meaning is there. I was just saying that everyone needs to be aware of that, as I was not until recently.  I ordered my "size" according to the sizing chart that was online and the jacket was at least 3 sizes too small. Reading the reviews , most folks had the same thing happen. But I would like to know, how many of us who shop this way, realize that not all things ordered, are from a vendor or from this shopping channel. I bet not alot.

@wagirl - 

Did they give you a free shipping label or are you being charged?

Regardless of how many people had the same problem, if you ordered correctly by the sizing & the item was off by 3 sizes, they should (and would if you asked) give you free return shipping because that is a problem on their end. 

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I had a paypal problem with them early on.  Item was charged but then they ran out of so no product ever even sent, called and they said it would take 6 months for paypal to give me my money  back.  I complained and complained and they said that they had only one person who was in charge of tGhhe paypal link and it would take time.  Finally I got the money back but what drama!  Paypal said they could not help me unless they got authorization from Evine.  It was he said she said kind of  problem.... what a mess.  Never again.

That is insane!!!!

Honored Contributor

Yes I did get the label.

Honored Contributor

Just a follow up on my original post about the Smart Label from E*vine---the CS people don't have a clue what items come with the return label. and when you go to the Order Status page after you order, there is no info either .It's when the order is processed, paid for, and shipped, that you know if it comes with a pre paid label or you have to send it back on your own. So not really a transparent deal here. But, for me, I will not order again from Evine. Lesson learned.