Honored Contributor

So, who DID go shopping on Black Friday?

I did, as I do every year. I met my sister at the reasonably civilized time of 7:15 at a major Atlanta mall. I parked in the very first space in a row in front of Macy's. No problem with parking at all. 

I bought myself two beautiful (at least I think so) gemstone rings at Macy's. An impulse purchase.  Merry Christmas to me. 

We stopped at the Apple Store to get a gift for my nephew and then had breakfast at the food court- Chick-Fil-A. Then to Penney's to look for a blanket. 

Next stop was Bath and Body Works where everything in the store was buy three, get three free.  Then on to Dillard's. I stopped in at Lens Crafters and bought some new eyeglass frames and then back to Macy's where I ended up getting a blanket for a better deal than Penney's. Then on to Talbots and Target and lunch. No problem parking anywhere, no pushing and shoving, everyone was cheerful. It was a good day. 

The only dark dark spot was Penney's. The merchandise was messy everywhere. And on each floor they only had two registers open and one employee at each register. The line was wrapped halfway around the floor, both floors. I set the blanket down that I was going to buy and got a better deal at Macy's. I haven't been in Penney's in a few years, but what a mess and a horrible set up for actually purchasing. I won't be back. 

I was happy to feel well well enough to go today. I've been under the weather. We cut our day a little short because my sister started not feeling well. 

I came home, got my husband and we went to two other Target stores. 

Crowds weren't bad at all. It was a good day. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: So, who DID go shopping on Black Friday?

[ Edited ]

Enjoy your rings and other goodies.

I went shopping to a nearby mall. I bought some bras and a robe. Also a great bargain on some Ray Ban sunglasses. A few gifts for my grandchild and I am almost done. Walked twice through the mall to get in some much needed exercise and then had lunch at Starbucks. It was crowded but not packed. I felt so good about being able to do it because I had heart failure this year and its been touch and go.

My husband will be home from work and we are going out to dinner. A really good day for me....and I was so happy to be well enough to be active again.

Forgot to mention.....it's really good that you are feeling better and were able to go shopping with your sister.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Good for you, @Trinity11!

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter, granddaughter, and I went out for lunch and then hit the stores. We bought tons of clothes at the Talbot's sale and then hit the local mall. We spent plenty of money but had a great deal of fun. My soon-to-be 13 year old granddaughter can now wear Talbot's clothes and found some adorable sweaters. My daughter found too many items to count, and I also found plenty of beautiful clothes. We hit Ulta and, again, spent a small fortune. My granddaughter bought Christmas presents for all her friends and we had a ball at Bath and Bodyworks. My daughter and granddaughter are exhausted but I could have lasted another couple of hours.

Honored Contributor

It's sad what's happened to Penney's.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

It's sad what's happened to Penney's.

It is sad. But it happened years ago. They tanked with their Great Experiment, and even though their CEO said they were returning to the old Penneys, they never have IMO. I have gone in half a dozen times in the past two years and walked right back out. Ugh. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Out this morning at 7:30 for four quick stops. First, Talbots. Nothing spoke to me, even at half off one item before noon. Disappointing. Next: Banana Republic. Bought a nice long faux fur scarf for moi. Half price. Next up: Loft. Doorbuster sweater for DS's GF. Last: TJM. A roll of gift wrap and ribbon and a toy for granddog.

Also shopped on Amazon and scored the same gift for all the young people on my list- four guys and one girl: bluetooth speaker w/ FM radio receiver and additional features. Very happy. 

After Cyber Monday, most of my shopping should be done. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11- I'm so glad you're feeling better and had such a great day!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Trinity11- I'm so glad you're feeling better and had such a great day!

Thanks so much, Gidget. I know you have your own health challenges and I was really happy to read that you were able to do some shopping today too.

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh@Trinity11, good for both of you.  So glad you are feeling better!  LM