Super Contributor

Nskillingme: Sorry for your loss. As the other posters said, she can obtain her own copy of the death certificate. I wouldn't bother questioning her motives - you have enough on your plate to deal with right now.

Take care.

Contributor
On 2/24/2015 RetRN said:

I am sorry for your loss. I would not give SIL death certificate, never heard of such a request.

Thank you RetRN.

Contributor
On 2/24/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

I'm very sorry for the loss of your husband.

Thank you NC Bandwagon.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/24/2015 NjsKillingme said:
On 2/24/2015 Giordan said:

So sorry for your loss.

You said his death was "a cancer related issue". Is it possible that she may have seen one of those T.V. ads..."If you, or a family member, has suffered a loss due to..."and she wants to file a claim?

Giordan...God only knows what she's thinking...she's a bit greedy when it comes to money. I was told that she had her grandmothers body exhumed the next day to get a small diamond neckless off of her neck. It was done illegally most likely, she grew up with the cemetery manager. I was shocked to hear this to say the least.

{#emotions_dlg.blink} I wouldn't give her any sort of paperwork. You have no obligation towards her. I'm sorry about your husband - he sounds lovely.

My husband is the same way. Very quiet, very much a homebody. We don't visit much, either; we just enjoy being together at home.

I'm so sorry about your dear husband. (((hugs)))

Contributor
On 2/24/2015 Cakers1 said:

Nskillingme: Sorry for your loss. As the other posters said, she can obtain her own copy of the death certificate. I wouldn't bother questioning her motives - you have enough on your plate to deal with right now.

Take care.

Thank you Cakers1.

Contributor
On 2/24/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:
On 2/24/2015 NjsKillingme said:
On 2/24/2015 Giordan said:

So sorry for your loss.

You said his death was "a cancer related issue". Is it possible that she may have seen one of those T.V. ads..."If you, or a family member, has suffered a loss due to..."and she wants to file a claim?

Giordan...God only knows what she's thinking...she's a bit greedy when it comes to money. I was told that she had her grandmothers body exhumed the next day to get a small diamond neckless off of her neck. It was done illegally most likely, she grew up with the cemetery manager. I was shocked to hear this to say the least.

{#emotions_dlg.blink} I wouldn't give her any sort of paperwork. You have no obligation towards her. I'm sorry about your husband - he sounds lovely.

My husband is the same way. Very quiet, very much a homebody. We don't visit much, either; we just enjoy being together at home.

I'm so sorry about your dear husband. (((hugs)))

Thank you Yorkie...he was a whipper snapper at times, but that what kept us going...Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am so so sorry for your loss. My DH died 6 years ago and I miss him everyday.

I agree with others, don't give her anything. If she wants one bad enough she can get one through the public records.

Take care of yourself and don't bother with her. If she and your DH had been close, I'd have a different opinion.

Honored Contributor
On 2/24/2015 RetRN said:

I am sorry for your loss. I would not give SIL death certificate, never heard of such a request.

Neither have I .... she has no reason to have a copy of her brother's death certificate!

My heart goes out to you on the loss of your husband, (((HUGS)))

Trusted Contributor
Contributor
On 2/24/2015 Love my grandkids said:

I am so so sorry for your loss. My DH died 6 years ago and I miss him everyday.

I agree with others, don't give her anything. If she wants one bad enough she can get one through the public records.

Take care of yourself and don't bother with her. If she and your DH had been close, I'd have a different opinion.

Thank you Love my grandkids..I'm sorry for your loss also. ((((( hugs )))))