Trusted Contributor

opening up.png

Esteemed Contributor

YES!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Hope it works well.

I'll be watching from home.  I have a travel goal for sometime in June and need to stay well between now and then.  I believe that's most possible the fewer people I encounter, but I'll be watching my own area to see how well the vast majority observe social distancing and masking.  

Nothing in my old normal I want to do that's safe right now anyway, so it's pretty easy for me to do.

Respected Contributor

Just my opinion, friend, but I feel the need to say that belief has nothing to do with it. One can not wish this virus away.

Trusted Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Just my opinion, friend, but I feel the need to say that belief has nothing to do with it. One can not wish this virus away.

I mean't to hang this up there to say something about the American spirit and not the virus per se.

Honored Contributor

In my area the churches are opening up end of month

Mid June the others.

Respected Contributor

@newname0 

Understood.  I respect the positivity.

Honored Contributor

Re: Opening America

[ Edited ]

It's supposed to be based in science. I'd love to think that spirit and belief and magical thinking could open things up, and eventually find treatments and cures.

I agree that businesses need to start to reopen. In carefully planned phases, following guidelines based in science. That was the original plan.

I pray, but I believe in science too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

We can and should! Sadly I will continue to stay in a bit longer because I have 2 of the risk factors. But I believe that we have to open back up now. I already know so many people who have lost their jobs and quite a few people who are on the verge of losing their businesses. If you are in the vulnerable group by all means stay in like me. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Opening America

[ Edited ]

@newname0 wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I mean't to hang this up there to say something about the American spirit and not the virus per se.

@newname0but surely you can see how it might be interpreted, especially given the comments relate it to the virus.

Belief doesn't affect a virus.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland