Super Contributor

Yes, Dillard's opened on Tuesday. I have a friend that went and said it was very different. One salesman in each department only and some were having to run by and forth to manage multiple registers. She said people weren't really browsing just in and out quickly. Dillard's didn't have curbside pick up here. I am hoping and praying our JC Penney's remains open. That is my go to store. I don't mind shopping online but their shipping is way too high. Kohl's is open. Our Bealls is closing to become a Gordmans but I wonder if they will scrap that idea now. The South Plains Mall isn't completely open yet. Don't you have the Westgate Mall in Amarillo? I visited once in college. That was a long time ago.

Honored Contributor

yeah, I thought they were open Tues. I left the dentist (just a cleaning) and went in thru the Food Court , walked all the way down to Dillards and it was dark as a cave.  Shoot ! only stores open were the Cafe Court and couple of tweenie stores.

Now that Lubbock's store is open hoping it will trickle down to us poor folks up here. LOL   Kohl's is open at least. I'm not so sure about Penney's staying alive. They have more trouble then Q.  I blame poor leadership.

When the Mall is open I'm turning the van loose LOL

@texassunflower 

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@suzyQ3 

I understand interpretation differences, to me it was pretty clear what was meant by the OP's thread. Seem it is similar to a better known saying:

"All things start with the 1st step"!

hckynut(john)

@hckynut, whether it's the OP's "Opening America" subject line or yours, it still refers to the virus, contrary to the OP's response.

Hence, my post that belief doesn't affect a virus.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

at this point our county is not there.

governor hogan has started phase one in maryland, but several of the hardest hit areas of our state are not going along with it. we still have a stay at home order and not much more has been opened up in my area.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

I have travel plans for August, September and October, all via air travel.  I can't even at this point imagine what that will be like or even if it will be safe.  

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@suzyQ3 

I understand interpretation differences, to me it was pretty clear what was meant by the OP's thread. Seem it is similar to a better known saying:

"All things start with the 1st step"!

hckynut(john)

@hckynut, whether it's the OP's "Opening America" subject line or yours, it still refers to the virus, contrary to the OP's response.

Hence, my post that belief doesn't affect a virus.

@suzyQ3 How about the belief that America can re-open safely? Do you agree with that?  Do you believe it can?

Keepin' it real.
Valued Contributor
I do believe in the power of positive thinking
A positive and vibrant human spirit can do awesome things. I feel we’ve had enough doom & gloom thrown at as for over 2 months
Valued Contributor

I would really hate to believe that some are so consumed with fear that they are good with the governement spending trillions of dollars as many times as they desire to print it.

Respected Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:
I do believe in the power of positive thinking
A positive and vibrant human spirit can do awesome things. I feel we’ve had enough doom & gloom thrown at as for over 2 months

From what I have gleaned, this virus was invading us as far back as December and while we were merrily skipping along without this knowledge, it took a foothold in our society.  Back in January DH and I had our regularly scheduled doctors appointments and about 10 days later we found ourselves simultaneously sick as dogs for two weeks.  Our doctors may have already known something was on the horizon, but we weren't alerted to it.  If we did have it, I can only hope we developed antibodies, but with no testing at the time and scant testing to this day, we have no way of knowing.

Positive thinking can go a long way in living one's life but when a mindless virus invades (which has no mind) and one's lungs fail, what is the answer?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

In my area the churches are opening up end of month

Mid June the others.

@SharkE 

Are the liquor stores open now?

I wouldn't know, my friend, I'm Baptist

@SharkE 

Don't know much about Baptist religion. I went to a Catholic grade school.

If it says "no booze"?  Recovering alcoholic here,  quit all booze over 20 years now.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)