Honored Contributor

Re: On Dateline NBC tonight....

This is not a repeat.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.  I am not familiar with the case, but it sounds interesting.

Hey Nick!  Smiley Happy

Hey CB! Smiley Happy

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

There have been a couple of tv programs that have covered this case. One was on ID and not sure about the other. Coverage is not new.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

There have been a couple of tv programs that have covered this case. One was on ID and not sure about the other. Coverage is not new.

Growing up in Kennedy country, I know more about these things than most. I remember the trial on the Moxley murder years ago.  What bothered me was that a relative of the victim (forget exactly who at this point) spoke regularly on the courthouse steps during the trial.  I'm not a lawyer, but I felt that there should have been a GAG ORDER on this person so as not to prejudice the case. I found it personally offensive.  I was not convinced that Skakel boy was guilty, although I didn't follow it closely.

Honored Contributor

That's interesting @Ms X.  That would certainly have predjudiced that jury if they heard the relative speak.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

That's interesting @Ms X.  That would certainly have predjudiced that jury if they heard the relative speak.

I can't say the jury heard it.  They might have been sequestered.  I don't recall.  I remember being outraged by the constant harangues by the victim's relative to the media outside the courthouse!  I don't know whether the judge could have shut her up, but if so I would have issued a gag order and locked her up if she said another word.  

Honored Contributor

I am going to DVR it......fascinating case.  All the Kennedy stuff is intriguing to me... I was with a patient at northwestern hospital in Chicago and William Kennedy smith was interning or a resident there....saw him walk past me down the hall.....creepy smarmy little dude......bleckhhhh.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@newjersey...Do you know if there is new evidence or is this a repeat of a previous show?

Respected Contributor

Years ago I read a book by Dominique Dunne called A Season in Purgatory.  When I read it, I was so sure it was about the Kennedy family.  And years later when I found out about Martha Moxley, I put it all together.

It's only a novel, but so interesting and it could actually be exactly what happened.  Just have to switch the names.

Esteemed Contributor

I won't be watching but I so felt for the mother of the girl and the agony she has gone through. 

Where there's smoke there's fire - I believe the Kennedy boy did it but it is beyond my why he would do such a thing. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust