Honored Contributor

Re: Oh no! Won't be able to wear my new Dennis Basso sweater during MRI!

@AuntMame @I love your sense of humor....I suppose some who are unwell just aren’t ready to see humor but it can be an important part of getting through stressful situations.

Respected Contributor

@AuntMame  I love your sense of humor, especially with all you have gone, and are going, through! I would rather laugh than cry anyday. I'm a cancer survior myself (it was caught very early, and required only surgery, thankfully) and have had follow-up CT scans for years, so I  do understand what living with the uncertainty is like.

I wish you the very best...and keep laughing!

Honored Contributor

Well, I thought it was funny.  It is nice that people with such serious problems still have a sense of humor.  

Trusted Contributor

@AuntMame

I completely & totally got it!😂👍
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the “heads up”. (Pun intended)

Just shared this with my husband. He has an appointment with a neurologist tomorrow and will probably need an MRI. He LOL’d. He assured me that he will dress appropriately.

It is better to laugh than cry.  

( 3 year TN breast cancer survivor)

Trusted Contributor

@Zaimee

3 year triple negative survivor is awesome!!! I just said a prayer for your continued success.👍
Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

I've always worn a designated hospital-type gown during an MRI.  It's not a fashion show, it's  a medical procedure.

OMG, can't believe anyone didn't understand OP's post.

@AuntMame,loved your cute post. Keep that sense of humor. Laughter is the best medicine. If people didn't get it, what can I say?

@RetRN    How fortunate that you have 20/20 hindsight or that you've read through most of the thread before you could discern that the OP was posting tongue in cheek and curious as to why you singled out my post from all the others who thought it was a serious post.  I wish the OP good fortune and good results.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

I've always worn a designated hospital-type gown during an MRI.  It's not a fashion show, it's  a medical procedure.

OMG, can't believe anyone didn't understand OP's post.

@AuntMame,loved your cute post. Keep that sense of humor. Laughter is the best medicine. If people didn't get it, what can I say?

@RetRN    How fortunate that you have 20/20 hindsight or that you've read through most of the thread before you could discern that the OP was posting tongue in cheek and curious as to why you singled out my post from all the others who thought it was a serious post.  I wish the OP good fortune and good results.

WRONG. I realized it immediately when I read the thread as I'm sure most posters did. If your snide post makes you feel better, that's great.  

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntMame wrote:

@elated wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Hey everybody, @AuntMame  was making a "funny" about the "warning" on her sweater!     

She has a strange sense of humor. I had a brain tumor and had it removed 4 years ago. I have to have an MRI every couple of years to make sure I am still ok. I was fortunate and it was a meinigoma. So it wasn't funny to me. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your brain tumor @elated. They suck don't they? And they're incredibly frightening. And they destroy your life. I had one. It destroyed a significant portion of my brain. The reason for my strange sense of humor perhaps? It left me partly paralyzed. And with limited vision and hearing. And with a host of other annoying deficits. I've had so many MRIs and CTs I've lost count. I thought it rather amusing that my glamorous new holiday sweater came with a warning label tucked deep inside stating simply that I should not wear it inside an MRI. I've found that if I don't find things to laugh at especially late at night things can get rather dark. Forgive me if I have insulted you. I did not mean to insult anyone. I know how frightening brain tumors are. And MRIs too. Believe me I know. Heart I wish you all the best sister in your struggle. I wish you many years of love and happiness. It sucks, it really sucks. And the fear and the unknowing is the worst of it. Heart 

@AuntMame  You are a class act. What a warm kind post. I don't know you, but I am inspired by you. To have a sense of humor in spite of all you have gone through is amazing. God bless you.

Honored Contributor

Only time I had a MRI was after my car accident. I don't remember what I was wearing.   I was goggy from drugs to dull the pain. I do remember a hospital gown though.....