Honored Contributor

Re: Oh no! Won't be able to wear my new Dennis Basso sweater during MRI!

[ Edited ]

@AuntMame   Dealing with a potentially stressful situation with humor...respect and still hoping for a positive healthy outcome for you.  Heart

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Hey everybody, @AuntMame  was making a "funny" about the "warning" on her sweater!     

She has a strange sense of humor. I had a brain tumor and had it removed 4 years ago. I have to have an MRI every couple of years to make sure I am still ok. I was fortunate and it was a meinigoma. So it wasn't funny to me. 

@elated 

There is nothing funny about a brain tumor.  I hope it STAYS AWAY for you.

But I doubt she was laughing or making fun of anyone who has to have follow up MRI's for a serious condition.  Please don't be upset.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

All the OP said was that the tag on her Dennis Basso sweater mentioned not to wear the item during an MRI.

They know it´s not possible to wear anything like that during an MRI except hospital issued clothing but they still had to mention it on the tag just to cover themselves.

The OP mentioned what she´s going through and the amount of MRI´s she´s had and I must say she has a good sense of humor.

Respected Contributor

IS THERE A FULL MOON OR SOMETHING ....??  !!!

Respected Contributor

@AuntMame  I knew what you meant and share your positive attitude of tackling the tough things with humor. This lawsuit crazy world has demanded these ridiculous disclaimers. I laugh at the medical ads that warn you not to take some drug if you are allergic to it. I had a gorgeous red raincoat years ago that stated on the washing instructions “do not boil.” Like I would regularly wash my coats in a cauldron of boiling water. 

Honored Contributor

I have to assume this is tongue in cheek.  I've had many mri's over the years and I never got all dressed up in sparkles beads and bangles...LOL   You'll just have find something in chiffon or lace that doesn't have any metal embellishment.  

Honored Contributor

I don't know how some of you function in life without a sense of humor.

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

I've always worn a designated hospital-type gown during an MRI.  It's not a fashion show, it's  a medical procedure.

OMG, can't believe anyone didn't understand OP's post.

@AuntMame,loved your cute post. Keep that sense of humor. Laughter is the best medicine. If people didn't get it, what can I say?

Respected Contributor

It's sad to think that it was necessary for the manufacturer to have to put a warning label on it.  Probably some idiot wore the top with metallic in it to an MRI and then sued the company.

Super Contributor

That's as bad as stove manufacturers having to specify "Do not stand on open oven door or unit will tip over."