Super Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@caroln242  It does seem like you got some great bargains!  Almost like the store owed you money back!  🍖🍗💰

I wish!  I remember one time I was in line behind what I call a "professional coupon clipper".  By the time they scanned all her coupons she walked out owing about $1.50 or something like that.  She must spend hours getting all those coupons together!

Man plans. God laughs.
Super Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@caroln242 

that is remarkable

i picked up some ground beef for my brother - he is doing some handywork for me

usually i always buy on sale - yikes $4.99/lb

that is NOT worth it

give me the Porterhouse steak

I do love my grilled hamburgers, but if I was offered a porterhouse instead....no contest!

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

In my area,, most people are still wearing masks.

I put one of mine in the microwave, no reason other than the mask was a bit damp and the microwave was there, didn't  turn out well and now I have one less mask. It was a favorite too.

Do you have a favorite mask or more than one? The one from the microwave was my only navy.

Oh no!  What a drag.   I just washed a couple that I use - one at home and one I keep in my car to wear when I go somewhere.  I decided to just hand-wash them (3ply cotton) and hang dry.  What's nice is I think the elastic was getting stretched a bit from wear and that brought it in a bit.

But, what I don't like about these (I actually have a pack of 5) is that they are white.  I don't like white.    I got some black ones early on that are good except that (my fault) I didn't realize they aren't over the ears.  The elastic goes over the head.  It's a bit of a PITA because I have really long hair that I put in a low ponytail.

I kind of quit trying to find just the right ones at some point because both those black ones and the white ones (they only came in white) were recommended here.  The white ones don't have the wire at the nose, but they fit fairly well so I just got over the hatred of the color and the  lack of nose wire.

I wouldn't mind having more - and maybe more dark colors like grey, or navy, or I'd like purple!  Smiley Very Happy   But  I got tired of searching out the perfect masks.  Since I'm not out and about that much, I figured it was wasteful to keep buying more to try and get the perfect one.

Respected Contributor

@caroln242  Oh ,yes, I remember seeing some customers like that before.  They really take their coupon clipping seriously.  Hard core!  ✂🗃

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

I had a dexa scan scheduled for today that I had to cancel as I unexpectedly woke up this morning with vertigo and quickly put on my wristbands and took a dramamine. Also had a headache from last night.  Was going to shower before going but that was now not possible.  So here I sit at my computer finally without symptoms of vertigo.

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

I had a dexa scan scheduled for today that I had to cancel as I unexpectedly woke up this morning with vertigo and quickly put on my wristbands and took a dramamine. Also had a headache from last night.  Was going to shower before going but that was now not possible.  So here I sit at my computer finally without symptoms of vertigo.

Still a wise decision to not drive anywhere, @agb80. Glad you're vertigo-free now.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt 

I like the dark ones best too, less medical more under cover.

My pastel ones have nose wires dark ones don't.

Trusted Contributor

@agb80 , this year I experienced vertigo for the first time and sure hope it never happens again.   It was terrible - I was so sick to my stomach, had chills, felt so weak after seeing the light fixture spinning and spinning off the ceiling while I was trying to wake up that the morning.   I thought I was having a stroke and was never so scared.

I'm so sorry you had it this morning but glad you're now feeling better.  You were very smart to just stay home and not take any chances.  Take care.

Trusted Contributor

Vertigo can really ruin someones career; had my first bout of it in my mid forties and was not ready to retire.  When others are depending on you to show up especially when it's really crucial due to important meetings to attend, the vertigo excuse doesn't cut it. It's extremely hard for a man to understand it or a woman who has never experienced it. If you've ever attended a company party or joined others for a happy hour....there will be those who will always believe you have a hangover...very damaging. 

Esteemed Contributor
Our son is getting married next Friday. We have relatives coming from all over. Luckily, none are staying with us. We have been busy cleaning because we are hosting a lunch on Saturday. I know I am not going to get everything done in time. Relatives on my side are going to sort through all my Mom’s stuff as she passed last August. I have gone through many boxes, taken what I want and made a list of what was inside. That has been hard enough. But I am going a bit nuts, trying to think of everything needed on our end for the rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception. A few days ago our video camera stopped working so I spent over $200 to buy another one. I have had nightmares that I left the camera at home. Part of me will be glad when it is all over and everyone has left and I feel guilty for feeling that way.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead