Honored Contributor

@Mersha 

Banana popsicles ROCK!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

congrats @Puppy Lips 

deep breaths and enjoy

Honored Contributor

Actually I think these are some of the best threads we can do.  For so many reasons.

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:
Our son is getting married next Friday. We have relatives coming from all over. Luckily, none are staying with us. We have been busy cleaning because we are hosting a lunch on Saturday. I know I am not going to get everything done in time. Relatives on my side are going to sort through all my Mom’s stuff as she passed last August. I have gone through many boxes, taken what I want and made a list of what was inside. That has been hard enough. But I am going a bit nuts, trying to think of everything needed on our end for the rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception. A few days ago our video camera stopped working so I spent over $200 to buy another one. I have had nightmares that I left the camera at home. Part of me will be glad when it is all over and everyone has left and I feel guilty for feeling that way.

@Puppy Lips   Weddings can be overwhelming for so many reasons.  The stress level is off the charts.

Try to enjoy the time leading up to and the day of the wedding.  It will all seem like a blur.

One of the best things we did for my daughter's wedding was hire a professional videographer to record the day.  Everyone in the immediate family of the bride and groom was given a disc of the recording and they were thrilled.

I saw so many things on the recording that I was not aware even happened.  You are so busy visiting with guests and doing other things.

Good luck and enjoy!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

Went this morning got my 2nd Pfizer shot - feeling good!!

Started my outdoor craft project I mentioned earlier (painting a snoopy outside lawn decoration).

Husband is helping neighbor across the street.  His lawn has so many of those helicopter seeds that his lawn looks like its covered with snow.  My husband loves lawn work so he offered to mow the lawn with his tractor, and I think he said with a mulcher device, to chop up everything.  Took a peek out the window and he's doing a good job.  

Took dog for a nice walk.  We were out early 5:30 a.m. as my COVID vaccine appointment was at 7:20a.m.  They said that this will be the last weekend that the facility will be administering vaccines as it's slowed down so much.  They'll be keeping the other facility still open on weekend.

Oh well - enough for now.  Nurse told me to drink a lot of water so I came in from outside and had some water and also brought the dog inside.  He was watching me paint Snoopy but it's getting warm outside, so I think I'll leave him in.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:
Our son is getting married next Friday. We have relatives coming from all over. Luckily, none are staying with us. We have been busy cleaning because we are hosting a lunch on Saturday. I know I am not going to get everything done in time. Relatives on my side are going to sort through all my Mom’s stuff as she passed last August. I have gone through many boxes, taken what I want and made a list of what was inside. That has been hard enough. But I am going a bit nuts, trying to think of everything needed on our end for the rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception. A few days ago our video camera stopped working so I spent over $200 to buy another one. I have had nightmares that I left the camera at home. Part of me will be glad when it is all over and everyone has left and I feel guilty for feeling that way.

@Puppy Lips, congrats on your son's upcoming marriage. And, yes, breath deeply and try to enjoy the event. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor
@Mersha I hear what you are saying about hiring a video person. I thought about it. Frankly I don’t think they even considered it. The bride is very much a “don’t look at me” personality. She does not want any attention on her whatsoever. She was complaining because the photographer is insisting on being in on the “getting ready” part. So I don’t think they want another stranger watching them. There will be less than 80 people there, so hopefully I will get enough of everything going on.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I took care of some home maintenance stuff this week which was a relief.  Have some painting scheduled for next month.  Glad to be getting a few things done.  

I may finally have a break coming up where I won’t be focused on some taxing family stuff.  I hope I can finally relax a bit.  

Those porterhouse steaks sound delicious.  

Honored Contributor

Will we get judged???  I hope not.

Honored Contributor

Today was a long-awaited day.  Got rid of my antique desk in my bedroom and gave it to my daughter so she will have it for her office space in her new house.  She also took my love seat (what a relief that was).  It opened up my LR and I now have freed-up space.  What a difference.  She took a really good stove we have.  We got a new one when we had our kitchen renovated recently. All new appliances.  Finally made a decision on an area rug for under the new kitchen table.  It took me months to find the right color, style, and size.  That rug came yesterday and it's perfect.

I feel liberated and hopeful looking forward to a relaxing living space.  We are also getting a new fence in our backyard.  The salesman comes tomorrow with samples.  It's been hell putting up with our backyard neighbors.  At least we won't be able to see them. Bunch of dirt bags.