Honored Contributor

@juperier wrote:

@QVCkitty1 Particularly at this time of year, it's hard to "place the blame." There may have been a glitch in the vendor updating QVC with tracking numbers. I always use the tracking code directly on the shipper's site to get the most up-to-date info (but don't forget that some of the initial shipping is handled by private shippers,so the package may not show up on UPS/FedEX/USPS right away).

I would suggest signing up for UPS My Choice (FedEx has a similar program).I only did so recently because I wanted to bump a package up to direct UPS delivery. So far they seem to do I good job of picking up whatever packages I may have in their system and providing updates as the delivery date approaches.

@juperier, thanks, I will do that. I don't usually play the blame game, but I was thrown because this never happened before with food or anything.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

All things considered, particularly at this time of year, it is a mistake not to sign up for the free UPS My Choice program and the free programs offered by FedEx and USPS.

I have my options for each set to send notifications when a package is shipped and when it is delivered.

These programs are especially helpful with Q purchases where so many items are shipped by the vendor, like food products.  Too many opportunities for poor communication between Q and the vendor.

@Marp

In this case, the item ordered was showing as “in process” which means it hasn’t shipped yet. There would be no tracking number and no way to get notices for it. I’d say QVC dropped the ball here.

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Marp wrote:

All things considered, particularly at this time of year, it is a mistake not to sign up for the free UPS My Choice program and the free programs offered by FedEx and USPS.

I have my options for each set to send notifications when a package is shipped and when it is delivered.

These programs are especially helpful with Q purchases where so many items are shipped by the vendor, like food products.  Too many opportunities for poor communication between Q and the vendor.

@Marp

In this case, the item ordered was showing as “in process” which means it hasn’t shipped yet. There would be no tracking number and no way to get notices for it. I’d say QVC dropped the ball here.

@willdob3, not to be defensive or argumentative but there have been several times when my Q order shows in process even after I have received the item.  It didn't happen often but it has happened.

There is little about Q's order status that can be taken as fact.  I will get a notice that an item has shipped but UPS shows that only a notification that a package is coming has been received.  The item can then sit at Q for two or three days waiting to be loaded and delivered from the Q warehouse to UPS.  Therefore, I put my confidence in the shipping and tracking information I receive from UPS over what my order status on Q shows.

According to posts in other forums it seems not even an order confirmation from Q can be taken for fact since, according to posters, confirmed orders with EDDs are suddenly put on advance order or backorder status without explanation.

When it comes to shipping and inventory control Q has not only been dropping the ball they seem to be juggling too many balls.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3, I'm not sure I understand the situation. If you're saying your item actually hasn't shipped, then no, there's no tracking #. However, if your item has shipped, even if QVC is not showing it as shipped, if you are signed up for tracking with UPS, FedEx, or USPS, you will be notified that you have a delivery on the way.

I've gotten notifications from UPS that my item has shipped even when that same item says "in process" on the QVC order status page. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp, You're always quicker on the draw than me. So glad this wasn't a gun fight (I've been watching a western series called Godless thus my train of thought)! Smiley Very Happy 

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 At this time of year who knows what happened! Hopefully, it was just a fluke in the QVC and vendor computers "talking" to each other.and won't happen again. Good thing that the weather has cooled down and you checked outside before the food spoiled.

Honored Contributor

Here is an update on my post. I just received an email that my package was shipped and the est. arrival is 12-8. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@willdob3, I'm not sure I understand the situation. If you're saying your item actually hasn't shipped, then no, there's no tracking #. However, if your item has shipped, even if QVC is not showing it as shipped, if you are signed up for tracking with UPS, FedEx, or USPS, you will be notified that you have a delivery on the way.

I've gotten notifications from UPS that my item has shipped even when that same item says "in process" on the QVC order status page. 

@SusieQ_2

I guess I wasn’t very clear.

OP said she received a package but, on QVC’s site, that item still showed to be “processing.” That term is assigned to purchases that have not yet shipped so there are no tracking numbers listed for us to track. Since OP received the item, it had obviously shipped but there would not have been a tracking number for her to request updates on because QVC still listed it as processing ( AKA not shipped).

What you are saying is that it doesn’t matter if QVC lists a purchase correctly if you have signed up for tracking notifications on UPS, etc.,  because they will notify you anyway? I wasn’t aware of that. I was just going off the info available on the purchase site.

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@Marp

@willdob3, not to be defensive or argumentative but there have been several times when my Q order shows in process even after I have received the item.  It didn't happen often but it has happened.

There is little about Q's order status that can be taken as fact.  I will get a notice that an item has shipped but UPS shows that only a notification that a package is coming has been received.  The item can then sit at Q for two or three days waiting to be loaded and delivered from the Q warehouse to UPS.  Therefore, I put my confidence in the shipping and tracking information I receive from UPS over what my order status on Q shows.

According to posts in other forums it seems not even an order confirmation from Q can be taken for fact since, according to posters, confirmed orders with EDDs are suddenly put on advance order or backorder status without explanation.

When it comes to shipping and inventory control Q has not only been dropping the ball they seem to be juggling too many balls.

@Marp

I’ve also received packages that, according to QVC, never shipped. Ever. (Sadly, they managed to charge me for these items. Smiley Wink) I just wasn’t aware that we could get the info without having a tracking number. Obviously, we can.

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@SusieQ_2

I guess I wasn’t very clear.

OP said she received a package but, on QVC’s site, that item still showed to be “processing.” That term is assigned to purchases that have not yet shipped so there are no tracking numbers listed for us to track. Since OP received the item, it had obviously shipped but there would not have been a tracking number for her to request updates on because QVC still listed it as processing ( AKA not shipped).

What you are saying is that it doesn’t matter if QVC lists a purchase correctly if you have signed up for tracking notifications on UPS, etc.,  because they will notify you anyway? I wasn’t aware of that. I was just going off the info available on the purchase site.

@willdob3, sorry for the delay, but to your question the answer is yes. If your package is handed off to one of those delivery companies, and you have signed up on their website, they will send you a notification complete with the tracking number. They'll let you know if there's a delay or if something is arriving sooner than expected and they'll let you know when it's been delivered.

I haven't had any big delays in QVC notifications. I have had notices from UPS that a package is on its way but QVC always catches up within a day. It sounds like you had something delivered that never showed up as shipped--that's crazy, lol! You should sign up for notifications from the other places. I think you'd like it. I feel so much better knowing exactly when my purchases will be at my door.