Honored Contributor

I ordered a food item and though it still says in process, when I went out at 6 this AM. to get the paper, there it was. I don't know how long it was there, and though the dry ice was gone, I think it is fine. My issue is , I keep track of tracking etc. to avoid having packages sitting out for too long, and since this was food, the outcome could have been disappointing.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

You should've received a "delivered " notification so that's UPS's error. You are lucky to have found it. Hope you enjoy whatever you ordered.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

You should've received a "delivered " notification so that's UPS's error. You are lucky to have found it. Hope you enjoy whatever you ordered.

The fact that my package still reads " in process " makes it QVC 's error. I don't get delivered notifications from UPS.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Someone has fallen down on the job at QVC. I set up my UPS profile to notify me when a package is out for delivery , approximate time, and when it has been delivered.  My notifications are delivered to my phone.

Esteemed Contributor

All things considered, particularly at this time of year, it is a mistake not to sign up for the free UPS My Choice program and the free programs offered by FedEx and USPS.

I have my options for each set to send notifications when a package is shipped and when it is delivered.

These programs are especially helpful with Q purchases where so many items are shipped by the vendor, like food products.  Too many opportunities for poor communication between Q and the vendor.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Thanks Marp, good to know.

Esteemed Contributor
@OKPrincess, i get what you're saying about YOUR setup, but like OP, I don't receive notification either. If I checked tracking and saw an order was 'in process' I wouldn't expect to find it had been delivered.
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Particularly at this time of year, it's hard to "place the blame." There may have been a glitch in the vendor updating QVC with tracking numbers. I always use the tracking code directly on the shipper's site to get the most up-to-date info (but don't forget that some of the initial shipping is handled by private shippers,so the package may not show up on UPS/FedEX/USPS right away).

I would suggest signing up for UPS My Choice (FedEx has a similar program).I only did so recently because I wanted to bump a package up to direct UPS delivery. So far they seem to do I good job of picking up whatever packages I may have in their system and providing updates as the delivery date approaches.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Notification

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge, with UPS you can set your preferences to be notified when they have received a package addressed to you .  The notification will advise who the order is from, provide the tracking number and advise if it is a surepost  package or if it stays with UPS.  If it is transferred to USPS I am given a USPS tracking number.

Before Q advised that my order had shipped I was notified by UPS that I have a package coming from Q, which is actually a food item shipped by the vendor.  The initial notification provided a delivery date and tracking number. I also received a notification that my package will be delivered today and once it has been delivered I will receive a notification about that.

Of course taking that one extra step and signing up for the free carrier service and not simply relying on Q to provide information for which it must rely on the vendor is my personal choice.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Notification

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:
@OKPrincess, i get what you're saying about YOUR setup, but like OP, I don't receive notification either. If I checked tracking and saw an order was 'in process' I wouldn't expect to find it had been delivered.

Which is the point Marp was making about it being a good idea to sign up for notifications. I knew from UPS that I had a package on its way hours before QVC had notified me that it was shipped. Today I got a notification that the delivery date had been moved up from tomorrow to today. Once it's been delivered I'll be notified that it arrived. 

There's no reason to be wondering where your packages are with these services. You can get emails or texts depending on your preference. Just go to the websites of each delivery company (UPS, USPS, and FedEx) and look under tracking. The instructions are easy and it's a free service.

eta ~ Once I posted I saw much of what I wrote was already addressed but I'm leaving it up because sometimes the more information we have the easier it is for us. Delivery notification is such a great service. I would hate to wondering where my packages are.

For example, I placed an order with Tarte and it's taking forever to get here. I would have been worried that it was lost if I hadn't been able to see it will arrive Saturday--a good two weeks after it was ordered. I think they attached it to the back of a snail with faulty GPS, lol. 

In contrast, I placed an order with FREE shipping from Target that arrived within 3 days of purchase. I would have never expected it so soon if I hadn't been notified by UPS. It really is an awesome service.