Honored Contributor

Re: Not even if they dropped me in by helicopter

I agree completely!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I hate crowds and think bad things can happen in those situations. My husband and I used to go to the State Fair every year until it got so over crowded the crowd just pushed you along the fairway. I believe you would be trampled to death if you fell.My friends son went to NYC for the New Years Eve celebration once and was cut on the thigh with a box cutter, at least that's what the doc thought at the ER.

Trusted Contributor

We were there just this past weekend, omg....crazy crowded, shoulder to shoulder, back to back....glad we got out on Saturday 🤪

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

I lived in NYC for many years and have never, ever wanted to be stuck in that crowd.  I hate crowds to begin wih, and to stand for hours in the freezing cold, with all these people shoving and pressing against me, no bathrooms, and no way out.  It takes forever once this is over for people to get to the trains to find there way home.  It is the last thing I would ever do.  I love the comfort of my warm, cozy home and if I want I can watch it on TV.  

Honored Contributor

It rained the whole night.

People were wearing plastic garbage bags and ponchos.  I have no idea how people can stand there for hours in the rain.  

But they all looked excited to be there.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Yesterday was completely nasty here in the east... There is no way I'd have been remotely interested in standing out there in the rain with a zillion other people to turn the page on the calendar... Whatever floats your boat, I guess...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 wrote:

It rained the whole night.

People were wearing plastic garbage bags and ponchos.  I have no idea how people can stand there for hours in the rain.  

But they all looked excited to be there.  LOL

My New Year eve thing is champaign (yes we do buy good champaign) and being with my husband at home.  Sometimes we watch the bal go down.  Not this year though.

I wanted to ask.....was the crowd down becasue of the rain?

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Would I do New Year’s Eve in New York City, standing there for hours to watch a ball drop. 

My claustrophobia and fight or flight instincts kick in just looking at the sea of humanity all crushed together. No way to get out. 

I’ll sit here in my recliner wearing my “go no further than the mailbox in them” leggings and bunny slippers. With plenty of space around me. 

@gidgetgh... I wouldn't either!! ...but I tend to think it's the younger ones who go there...18 and above. I doubt there are many people over 50. These young ones are so used to going to music concerts where they are squished together just like in Times Square. I know. I see the "sea of humanity all squished together", too, and think "No way" and "Uh oh. Don't they need to "go"??? I've never been to New York City either because of all the people. I no longer like to go anywhere where I know there will be a LOT of people. I need my way OUT!!

Happy New Year to you, gidgetgh!!  

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@gidgetgh what you said!

I'll add to that what DH says... "What happens if you're in that crowd and you suddenly urgently need to go to the restroom?" 

No potties, NO PERSONAL PRESENCE. PERIOD!

Respected Contributor

The closest I would get to that mob would be in a hotel room overlooking everything.