Valued Contributor

SO they don't know where my return is?

What's the point of TRACKING info if they don't know where the heck the package is at any given time!! It was mailed a week ago!! SO ANNOYING! Says USPS has it -- QVC is the worst for information!! Live in NY and They're in PA- I could take it myself there faster!! : :Woman Mad

Respected Contributor

Re: SO they don't know where my return is?

@sipp wrote:

What's the point of TRACKING info if they don't know where the heck the package is at any given time!! It was mailed a week ago!! SO ANNOYING! Says USPS has it -- QVC is the worst for information!! Live in NY and They're in PA- I could take it myself there faster!! : :Woman Mad

I recently had to call QVC about a return that wasn't credited. They checked it out and soon found it was still in the back room of my local post office. They immediately credited my account with the proper amount and that was the end of the problem.  I hope the problem will soon be straightened out for you dgluvr. Situations like this can be very disturbing.

Valued Contributor

This happened to me with HSN, years ago.
Eventually, I found out that somebody didn't log my package into the system after it was transferred to HSN. Still, HSN was firm in that they had never received my return. Finally,  I had to call the post office near HSN's return department and the postmaster sent me a letter that I forwarded to HSN showing that the package was signed for by someone at HSN on a ledger listing many returns (including mine) for that particular day.  I was angry and didn't shop at HSN for years and years because I felt that they should have given me the benefit of the doubt for an $80 item. It was the first time I had ever returned anything to HSN.  I hope you can get resolution to your issue because I remember well the grief that the whole incident caused me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not clear on what the problem is.  Who is "they"?

If you have a USPS Tracking Number, use it on the USPS website.  It'll show whether or not the package was delivered; when, where and what time.  If it shows a delivery to QVC, you've got to press QVC to find the packge.  If it doesn't show delivery, the USPS has to track it down.  Keep whatever documents you have.  If you have to, dispute the charge for the item with your credit card company if the item is lost.

Honored Contributor

@sipp

Not implying that you don’t know this already, but sometimes we need to be super-sleuths to find out where our packages are and when they will be delivered.

One thing that i do now is to use an email program that somehow “intercepts” package tracking information, puts it in an “assistant” category, and lets me know when packages will be delivered.

But the most important piece of information we have to assure that our packages go where they are supposed to is the tracking number, for sure.

What I find interesting about the stories in the posts is how many different people are needed to log packages in along the way. There could be a loss of the package  due to human error at any point along the way.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sipp I recently had the same issue with QVC and I am in Pa. After 12 days

from the date I sent my package back, I gave them my USPS tracking and 

then package was located sitting with QVC just not processed as QVC told

me the date a week after I sent it thru post office.I was checking my account info.

daily, I was so worried but everything will turn out o.k. I'm sure.

It is not always the post office's fault. Every situation is different.

Regular Contributor

Sometimes packages can sit for a week or longer at the post office before they are picked up or shipped out or whatever.  That's happened to me a few times.  I even make the post office give me a receipt for things I ship back so I have proof that I actually took it to the post office. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sipp ... I dropped off a QVC return package at the post office on January 3rd.  It was  "picked up and processed by the shipping agent on January 18, 2019"!!!!!!!  That means it sat in the PO for 15 days before it went out!!!

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector

and @Lainey59

are exactly right! 

A third party shipper picks up your package...WHEN THEY GET THERE!  LOL

I also have had a return sit at my PO for 2 wks b4 it even gets picked up.  That is why I always us EZ pay.  I am not out much $ since the credit takes so long.

I wouldn't worry about any return as long as you have a receipt.  No need to hound C/S...they have no more info than you do.

Using the label will get you a SLOWER return and a SLOWER credit.  This is the way it is and nothing has changed.

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome to the CLUB.  We have had "crazy bad" mail  service.  One hands off the package to another and everyone blames someone else for the problem.  Packages  go back and forth, get delivered to other places and have  to be FOUND.  This is  also true  of our basic  mail service.  We have neighbors returning our mail to our mailbox on a daily basis.  You name it... it has happened to us and keeps  happening.  No FIX IN SIGHT.  

But it seems when we return something there is a tracking number and that tracking number is  done electronically and it is your only CLUE what is happening

And yes sometimes it might be easier to  make the delivery yourself.  LOL