Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

So many people say it now, and I know what they intend with it-they say "no problem" and in my mind I'm thinking well I hope it was never a problem) but now I appreciate they are meaning my "you're welcome" so it doesn't bother me now.

I never liked when people called me "m'am" as soon as I got over 30 esp in the south; it made me feel so old, but now I know they use it because that is their title of respect. Now that I actually AM a m'am, it doesn't bother me that much.

The only time it isn't used for respect is when you are trying to talk to a customer rep., esp a cable co. and they keep interrupting you with "M'am! m'am!" trying to cut you off and keep control over any conversation!Then I say, please stop calling me m'am, my name is ... and that makes them remember they are talking to a person just like them!

And for anyone who complains about don't you have more to "worry" about than talk aobut whatever people are talking about- it's because people like to observe and talk about many things and listen to each others varying opinions! It makes life interesting.

It is so great to talk about all kinds of things- both serious, sad, funny, inconsequential every thing under the sun. Thats what humans do.

There will be so many new words and language that many of us don't like and others it never bothers. It doesn't mean people who don't like it don't want anything to change, just maybe don't like the changes. And that just shows again, all the differences make the world go roundSmiley Happy 

@on the bay  Those posts always strike me as being so foolish because they don't have more to do than respond "don't you have anything more [or better] to do than..."  It's comical when you think about it!

Honored Contributor

The post that gave us several accepted ways to respond to Thank You seems to have disappeared.  That's too bad, it was informative.

We all need to learn new words and phrases to keep up with American culture.  I remember when I first went online.  Someone called me a "Newbie" and I had no idea what that meant. Now I am pretty fluent in Tech.

Esteemed Contributor
How to reply when someone says thank you?

1. you're welcome. used in reply to someone who has thanked you.
  2. no problem. used as a polite way of answering someone who has thanked you for something, or said they are sorry for something.
  3. not at all. ...
  4. don't mention it. ...
  5. it's no bother. ...
  6. (it's) my pleasure. ...
  7. it's/that's all right. ...
  8. it's nothing/think nothing of

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/thesaurus-category/american/ways-of-accepting-someone-s-thanks

If someone was so rude as to question whether certain words were in my vocabulary due to me not reciting by rote exactly what they wanted me to say, I might have a hard time not expressing a few choice words from said vocabulary.

Still, why let someone else's rudeness dictate my own behavior? Better to realize what prompts such behavior from and move on to better things. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Esteemed Contributor

I take it that @Pearlee was just venting over a minor matter, anyway.

There's no need for a pile-on. No wonder people are leery of starting new threads....good grief.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Honored Contributor

Though I always say "Thank You" It doesn't bother me at all!...no problem!

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

The post that gave us several accepted ways to respond to Thank You seems to have disappeared.  That's too bad, it was informative.

We all need to learn new words and phrases to keep up with American culture.  I remember when I first went online.  Someone called me a "Newbie" and I had no idea what that meant. Now I am pretty fluent in Tech.

According to the moderator, it was inappopriate. Are you challenging moderation?

Actually, it wasn't deleted by a moderator. I deleted it myself thinking no one would be interested. When it was mentioned as being helpful, I reposted it. The removed by moderator threads were several posts back. I'm not sure you would know that from reading along, so this is just a way of explanation. Sorry for the confusion to both you and Noel.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting. Cndy