Valued Contributor

Re: No One Is Talking About the Shooting In MD?

My friend was driving by her grandkid's school last month and saw a lot of police cars and emergency vehicles.  Her heart jumped in her throat.  She was relieved to learn it was "only" a gas leak.  Sandy Hook changed how a lot of us see the world.

Respected Contributor

Why not be engraged about the stats from Chicago this year.  1183 shot as of today...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Why not be engraged about the stats from Chicago this year.  1183 shot as of today...

Oh, I am personally outraged by this statistic.  I tend to dwell on a mass shooting close to where I live.  Unfortunately, most dwell on mass shootings rather than such outrageous amount of terrible shootings.  It must be constantly brought before the public.  Thank you for bringing this up.  

Honored Contributor

These incidents are not such big news that they're significant nationally.  We had a police captain in the hamlet of Silver City, NM, shoot and kills his girlfriend, then himself recently.  A friend talked him into surrendering his weapon, then he pulled out another one and did the shooting.

It was barely mentioned even in Albuquerque 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Frankly, I am shooting'd out. Call it desensitized if you will, but I don't get the news all that often because of it.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

These incidents are not such big news that they're significant nationally.  We had a police captain in the hamlet of Silver City, NM, shoot and kills his girlfriend, then himself recently.  A friend talked him into surrendering his weapon, then he pulled out another one and did the shooting.

It was barely mentioned even in Albuquerque 

You are so right.  Incidents like this are very common and barely make the news.  We have legislation introduced in CT whereby a person who receives a court-

mandated Protection Order against them must have their weapons confiscated.  At least it is a start.  Protective Orders at this point are a farce.  So many women killed.  A piece of paper does not protect them.  So sorry to hear of what happened in your area!

Respected Contributor

I only wish there were a general political will to _do_ something about this epidemic of shootings. 

Esteemed Contributor

There are so many murders every day across America, and not all with guns. I followed the Teresa Sievers, MD, murder in Florida until they finally arrested her husband, she was bludgeoned to death with a hammer by childhood friends of his. Lately, I've been following the murder of Missy Bevers in Midlothian, TX, also another bludgeoning death, probably with a hammer. The police will find the perp, just waiting for it to happen. I suspect the husband and his father will be named.

I think crime is actually down, but the internet brings it into our homes on a daily basis.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Venting.....why don't these homicidal nut jobs just kill themselves instead of taking it out on others before the suicidal impulse sets in.....good riddance.  All the poor innocent bystanders and family members now that have to live with the carnage......

@MickD

Unfortunately, too many of them think their problems are all someone else's fault ....  and that's who they blame and take it out on.  

Regular Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

If people cared then they would make support for gun control tops on their list when deciding who to vote for.  That is my number 1 criteria when choosing a candidate.  People would elect candidates who were willing to take on the NRA and support gun control legislation.  They don't so  in spite of the  weeping and the wailing  and the nashimg of teeth that occurs when a incident of this type happens We will continue to see incidents like this occur.  When our lily liveried Congress failed to pass reasonable gun control measures after Sandy Hook I knew there was no hope

If these victims had guns to shoot back this man would have been dead when he attacked his wife at the school. I'll keep my guns and protect myself. People will use knives, cars,pillows, bombs,etc etc to kill.