Esteemed Contributor

No One Is Talking About the Shooting In MD?

It appears that a law enforcement officer shot and killed his ex-wife outside a shopping mall, plus one or two good samaritans who tried to come to the aid of the victim.

He is also responsible for the shooting outside of a grocery store yesterday.

He is still on the loose.

How much do you want to bet that he is going to take his own life?

Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims families.

Honored Contributor

Re: No One Is Talking About the Shooting In MD?

I'm in the metro-DC area and have been watching the news almost constantly.  Last I heard, two people died today in two separate shootings and one was killed yesterday.  They seem to be continually saying the killer from yesterday is a "person of interest" in the two shootings today.  Last I heard, the two remaining victims from the shootings at Montgomery Mall are still alive, but one is in extremely critical condition.  The schools were on shelter-in-place for awhile, but that's been lifted for most of the schools in Montgomery County, MD.  Crazy people out there.  Scary stuff.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Absolutely horrible.  The police and FBI are still gathering evidence and trying to sort details.  It's been raining all day, so it's been hampering the investigation since this happened outside in the parking lot.  Prayers up! 

Trusted Contributor

Shot and killed his ex-wife or ex-significant other yesterday at a high school while she was picking up the two children.  If he shot another ex-wife in the Mall parking lot, I'm not clear.  One more shot in a Gian shopping center about an 8 minute drive from the Mall.  It's local news here. 

Esteemed Contributor

No real reason to talk about it.  Things like this happen every day.  Another nut job with a gun.  Another day in gun loving America.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

It appears that a law enforcement officer shot and killed his ex-wife outside a shopping mall, plus one or two good samaritans who tried to come to the aid of the victim.

He is also responsible for the shooting outside of a grocery store yesterday.

He is still on the loose.

How much do you want to bet that he is going to take his own life?

Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims families.

Sadly, PP, this type of thing seems to occur every day now. We've become desensitized, I'm afraid. Apparently the 22 year old soldier murdered the Good Samaritan in front of his own children. We can only pray that the murderer does what's best, which is to put a hollow point through his own brain, IMO. 

From what I've read the Good Samaritan was proficient in the use of a weapon. He must have hesitated or tried to warn the shooter to drop his gun and was killed instead. I guess the lesson here is one must know when it is safe to make a citizen's arrest and when it is too dangerous.

Before the anti-gun gang hops on board, this murderer is the soldier, people, and not his weapon. He pulled the trigger of his own weapon. The gun didn't do the murdering, the nut job did. Blaming the weapon would be like blaming the cyanide and carbon monoxide gas for the genocide that occurred in Hitler's gas chambers.

dee

EDITED:

I'm just realizing I got my shooting details innertwined. The shooting I referred to happened earlier this week.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyPet wrote:

No real reason to talk about it.  Things like this happen every day.  Another nut job with a gun.  Another day in gun loving America.

Beat to death, stabbed to death, chocked to death, poisoned to death, run over with a car etc, etc, etc. if someone wants to kill it's going to happen.  In this day of sensational media it seems like more but probably not.

Prayers for the all. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Breaking news is that the suspect is now in custody!!!!!  Hope it's the right guy and that no one else is involved.

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

which banned books?

Honored Contributor

Venting.....why don't these homicidal nut jobs just kill themselves instead of taking it out on others before the suicidal impulse sets in.....good riddance.  All the poor innocent bystanders and family members now that have to live with the carnage......

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G