Honored Contributor

đź‘€ Arsenio Hall is suing.....

Sinead O'Connor Over Accusation of Giving Drugs to Prince

The $5 million defamation lawsuit filed Thursday says O'Connor hardly knows the late music star at all.

Arsenio Hall and Sinead O'Connor Split - Getty - H 2016

Arsenio Hall has brought a $5 million defamation lawsuit against Sinead O'Connor over the singer's recent Facebook post accusing him of being the one to supply Prince with drugs.

In a complaint filed on Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court, Hall rips into O'Connor as a "desperate, attention-seeker ... now known perhaps as much for her bizarre, unhinged internet rants as for her music."

O'Connor's biggest hit was "Nothing Compares 2 U," a cover version of a Prince composition released in 1990. About a week after Prince died in Minneapolis, O'Connor wrote that Prince was a "long time hard drug user" who "got his drugs over the decades" from Hall.

The television personality says that's absolutely false, and that O'Connor is hardly in any position to know anyhow, having acknowledged that she only met Prince "a couple of times." Hall also states through the lawsuit that he hasn't had any contact with O'Connor in 25 years and that her accusation of criminal conduct is "extraordinarily damaging" to his reputation.

According to the complaint being handled by attorneys Martin Singer and Lynda Goldman, "Ever since O'Connor posed her malicious and reckless lies about Hall on her 'OFFICIAL Facebook page' (where they have been commented on and forwarded thousands of times), her brazen lies have spread like wildfire across the media throughout the United States and the world ... ."

The lawsuit could be complicated by the fact that O'Connor is a citizen of Ireland, but as it proceeds, it will likely examine whether her statements were capable of defamatory meaning and whether she made them with reckless disregard of the truth.

Here's a copy of the full complaint, which besides seeking at least $5 million in compensatory damages also demands a punitive amount as a deterrence to others.

Complaint

Link to story

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Re: đź‘€ Arsenio Hall is suing.....

There's something wrong with her...

Honored Contributor

She's been a nutcase for as long as I can remember - and that's a long time!

Honored Contributor

2 has beens wanting to get back in the news was my thought when I saw this crawl on TV yesterday 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really hope she gets the help she needs and go Arsenio.  Way to stick up for yourself and your friend.  

Have to add that I find it interesting she is defaming the man who gave her the biggest hit single of her career.  Nice tribute.  If you've got nothing nice to say, especially after his sudden and unexpected death, for his family's sake just be quiet.  

Honored Contributor

Good for Arsenio.  Even if nothing comes of it, maybe she'll shut up.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

she has always been as crazy as a bedbug/

Honored Contributor

She's a nut case, soon to be a nut case who will owe Arsenio a boat load of money.  I say owe because she probably doesnt have two nivkels to rub together.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

2 has beens wanting to get back in the news was my thought when I saw this crawl on TV yesterday 

Unfortunately this was my first thought as well.   I liked Arenio tho, Sinead not so much.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Sinead is the POSTER CHILD on what  drugs can do to your brain.....Smiley

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”