Respected Contributor

Re: No One Is Talking About the Shooting In MD?

These things seem like weekly occurrences any more, & it has just become too painful & frustrating to discuss.  Wish I had the wisdom to know how to stop it.

Esteemed Contributor

The 62 year old shooter is in custody. 

Good.

He killed three people and hopefully he'll never walk the streets again.

Honored Contributor

If only he could be housed in general population......now that would be fun.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Trusted Contributor

Nothing new here in Maryland.  I've caught a few bits on the news, but not paying attention.  It's not "the land of pleasant living" anymore.  

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Super Contributor

I find it very interesting that people can dscuss on QVC 's boards murders and other homeland atroticies without censor yet QVC moderators feel the discussions of world/national events unacceptable.  

Can anyone explain QVC's hypocritical thinking?

Honored Contributor

What is there to say?  There's nothing new or shocking about gun violence.  Another day, another shooting. 

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

If only he could be housed in general population......now that would be fun.....

What behaviors are exhibited "in general population"?  I'm not familiar with institutions of incarceration.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another day in America?  Sad to say, this is the truth.  I live in CT, and Hartford was recently named "the most dangerous city in New England."  Constant shootings in Hartford, Bridgeport, and New Haven.  And, of course, we had Sandy Hook, where 20 little children and six women (who were actively trying to save these children - this is often forgotten) were murdered in less than five minutes.  What more can I say?  Perhaps you can read my thoughts on this crazy violence.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter - he won't be housed in general pop because he is/was in law enforcement...and would be killed in general.....he'll be protected in a federal pen until the day he dies......

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

No real reason to talk about it.  Things like this happen every day.  Another nut job with a gun.  Another day in gun loving America.

What if it had been a knife?  Then what would you have said?  What should we do about all these gun loving people?  Do you have the perfect answer?