Honored Contributor

Re: New to posting

[ Edited ]

@iwrite wrote:

@BirkiLady, @SharkE, @Oznell, @handygal2, @NicksmomESQ

i can't figure out how to reply to everyone that posted in my thread, but i wanted to say thank you to everyone. the names above are the only ones that showed up in the list.

@iwrite,  The "@nickname" feature can be tricky, but for the most part it works well.   

When we type the "@" sign, the pop-up prompt is limited to the OP (original poster/creator of the thread) and names of a maximum of 4 additional posters who commented on the thread. 

To get other names, enter the "@" and then start typing in the first part of a name -- the software will search the user file and attempt to find the name you want and you can select from the pop-up or in some cases enter a "return" to post the name.  

In the case of names that start with a space or contain spaces in the body of the name, it can be problematic.   You'll find numerous threads from the past discussing name notifications -- here's a current one in "Q Talk."   

I hope this is helpful -- it takes some trial-and-error but eventually is relatively easy and useful.😊

"how to use @"

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Q-Talk/how-to-use/td-p/5215942

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Well that's a great resolution, you don't have to give up anything and you gain lots of friends @iwrite  

Esteemed Contributor

@iwrite  Looks like you are getting your feet wet on this thread and beginning to feel comfortable with many posters. Nice to have you on the Forums. Have fun visiting and sharing!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Welcome to the board.

----been here since CVN, a mighty long time.

Generally we are a pretty fun group, and have some interesting things to add to conversations.

Just jump in!

Valued Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

Well that's a great resolution, you don't have to give up anything and you gain lots of friends @iwrite  

i never thought about it that way, but yo are right.

Esteemed Contributor

@iwrite...Hi there, welcome.  I'm looking forward to seeing you here on the boards, hope you enjoy it as much as I have since 2007.  Oh, and if you ever need advice on how to manipulate your way around on the boards just send a cry out for dooBdoo, she is our savior.  I  know she won't mind my telling you that, she came to my rescue a few times and we all need someone who will be there for us and she is IT. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@iwrite wrote:

@BirkiLady, @SharkE, @Oznell, @handygal2, @NicksmomESQ

i can't figure out how to reply to everyone that posted in my thread, but i wanted to say thank you to everyone. the names above are the only ones that showed up in the list.

@iwrite,  The "@nickname" feature can be tricky, but for the most part it works well.   

When we type the "@" sign, the pop-up prompt is limited to the OP (original poster/creator of the thread) and names of a maximum of 4 additional posters who commented on the thread. 

To get other names, enter the "@" and then start typing in the first part of a name -- the software will search the user file and attempt to find the name you want and you can select from the pop-up or in some cases enter a "return" to post the name.  

In the case of names that start with a space or contain spaces in the body of the name, it can be problematic.   You'll find numerous threads from the past discussing name notifications -- here's a current one in "Q Talk."   

I hope this is helpful -- it takes some trial-and-error but eventually is relatively easy and useful.😊

"how to use @"

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Q-Talk/how-to-use/td-p/5215942

yep, 4 or 5 names showed up in the drop-down list. when i just typed the @,  i was expecting to see all the others, but that didn't happen. i tried (smile)

Valued Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Greetings, @iwrite!   I didn't see this thread before now...  I'm very far behind in reading threads and notifications.   How lovely to meet you, to read your posts, and I look forward to seeing you here in the future!    This is a community of good souls who will step in to offer help and support when needs arise.   

The limitation of the written word sometimes causes us to trip, stumble, and sometimes we have bad days or misunderstandings, but when we remember there are real human beings behind the silly nicknames I think we usually can sense that we have far much more in common than "in difference."   

I've made some dear and cherished friends here, as have other posters, and I've often thought if we could get to know one another face to face we'd find even more good friends.   

I do hope you find it a good place to visit and that you'll decide to stay.   Good wishes to you for a lovely day!   Welcome, Friend!

Heart balloon

thank you @dooBdoo,

nice to meet you also. it's only been a few weeks, but so far, i am having a blast.

yes, despite what's going on out there, i know that there are still good people, even better that many of them are here on the forums.

don't tell on yourself, like i have already done a few times. no one knows you are behind, until you tell it. smile)

as these aren't formal presentations, there are bound to be things said that some don't understand, even though the initial intent was honorable. i get that.

exactly, we have more in common then things that are different. we all eat, have good and bad days.

maybe one day we could all book a cruise or something, to meet up. sort of like a class reunion. i'd say a family reunion, but that would mean that the out-laws would have to be invited (smile).

enjoy the rest of the weekend.

really nice to meet you.

Valued Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@iwrite wrote:

@Harvard99

yes, so far i am finding people friendly and fun, which is a good thing.

LOL ref "my attitude".

i have seen a lot, been through a lot and done a lot and know that most of it isn't as serious as people make it out to be. they just need to chill, especially when they can't change whatever it is.

life is far too short to stay stuffy and grumpy 24/7/365.

yes, we all have problems from time to time, but that is part of life.

hope to see you around here.

have a great weekend

Thanks, @iwrite, have a good one too.  It's going to rain here all weekend so it might be a good time to tackle some paperwork and some inside house chores I've really put off.

Yes, unfortunately problems are part of life but, you're so right, you can't stay down and miserable, you have to pull yourself up and away from it and move on.  Sometimes a bit hard to do but definittely we all should try to rise above. Yes, a good attitude to have.  See you around!

i discovered that anything worth having can often be hard, but that is how we learn.

Valued Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@iwrite...Hi there, welcome.  I'm looking forward to seeing you here on the boards, hope you enjoy it as much as I have since 2007.  Oh, and if you ever need advice on how to manipulate your way around on the boards just send a cry out for dooBdoo, she is our savior.  I  know she won't mind my telling you that, she came to my rescue a few times and we all need someone who will be there for us and she is IT. Heart

hello

thank you for the welcome. i appreciate it.

if i'm not mistaken, doobdoo already posted something for me to look at.

my goal is to keep this as basic as possible - hence my use of all lower caps.