Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,334
Registered: ‎03-21-2010

Prince Philip sends a letter of apology

To the woman who suffered a broken arm in the car accident with the Prince.

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,266
Registered: ‎07-26-2014

Re: Prince Philip sends a letter of apology

He was caught a 2nd time after the first accident of driving w/o a seat belt.  The queen too.

 

"According to Mr Morgan sometimes Royals don't wear seat belts in order to escape quickly in an emergency." rolleyes.gif

 

express.co.uk/news/royal/1078139/prince-philip-crash-queen-elizabeth-seatbelts-royal-family-news

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,379
Registered: ‎01-22-2016

Re: Prince Philip sends a letter of apology

Speculating higher authority than Philip- suggested he write the letter. If this was the case shouldn't surprise anyone. Firms business, maintaining the RF image.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,364
Registered: ‎11-03-2018

Re: Prince Philip sends a letter of apology

He really shouldn't be driving.

 

Didn't it take a while for him to apologize to her?  He faced a fair amount of criticism for that...

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,216
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Prince Philip sends a letter of apology


@Bri369 wrote:

He really shouldn't be driving.

 

Didn't it take a while for him to apologize to her?  He faced a fair amount of criticism for that...


@Bri369- I'm sure the lady with the broken arm doesn't mind. She's going to own half of Windsor Castle before long Woman Tongue

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed.



Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,570
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Prince Philip sends a letter of apology

At least in the US, people are instructed not to have contact with the other party when in an accident.  Not sure why everyone felt that the Prince should be required to make contact in this case.  I did note that the date on the letter was just a few days after the accident. Some people are just dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

You never look good trying to make someone else look bad.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,266
Registered: ‎07-26-2014

Re: Prince Philip sends a letter of apology


@sunala wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

He really shouldn't be driving.

 

Didn't it take a while for him to apologize to her?  He faced a fair amount of criticism for that...


@Bri369- I'm sure the lady with the broken arm doesn't mind. She's going to own half of Windsor Castle before long Woman Tongue


And the other half (royal residence side) of Buckingham Palace. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."
Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,287
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Prince Philip sends a letter of apology


@CrazyDaisy wrote:

At least in the US, people are instructed not to have contact with the other party when in an accident.  Not sure why everyone felt that the Prince should be required to make contact in this case.  I did note that the date on the letter was just a few days after the accident. Some people are just dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.


 

 

@CrazyDaisy

 

 

when you know you are in the wrong there is nothing stopping someone from speaking with or having contact with the other party.

 

i said this on the other thread, but when i had an accident where i was "dazzled by the sun" i was hit by someone else. even though i was hit,  it was my fault. she was  taken to the hospital and released. i contacted her family the next day to make sure she was doing okay and apologize.

 

 

"If the camel once gets his nose in the tent, his body will soon follow." - Arab Proverb
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,570
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Prince Philip sends a letter of apology


@Sunshine45 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

At least in the US, people are instructed not to have contact with the other party when in an accident.  Not sure why everyone felt that the Prince should be required to make contact in this case.  I did note that the date on the letter was just a few days after the accident. Some people are just dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.


 

 

@CrazyDaisy

 

 

when you know you are in the wrong there is nothing stopping someone from speaking with or having contact with the other party.

 

i said this on the other thread, but when i had an accident where i was "dazzled by the sun" i was hit by someone else. even though i was hit,  it was my fault. she was  taken to the hospital and released. i contacted her family the next day to make sure she was doing okay and apologize.

 

 


You are welcome to do what you want, however every insurance compamy will tell you not to make contact.

You never look good trying to make someone else look bad.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,731
Registered: ‎11-25-2011

Re: Prince Philip sends a letter of apology

This is a textbook Non-Apology Apology.

He makes it all about him, deflecting any wrong-doing.

I see a lot of ‘I’ references.

 

To be sorry for ‘his part’ indicates she was wrong, as well.

And to be sorry ‘about this injury’ is awkward. He should 

be sorry for her pain & suffering caused by the injury.

Disappointed this is the best they can do. 

 

FAC80041-248F-4A99-88FC-4A93C9609B18.jpeg