Respected Contributor

I just got my first text scam Robot Sad. Claims to be from a group of emergency room physicians. Billing department having trouble with my insurance. Very well produced scam. I knew it had to be a scam or error.

Return phone number:  eight-three-three   2 one 7   eight 3 two 6

Google that number to find more information on the scam. Block it on your mobile phone if you can.

I have had wrong number texts, but never an actual scam.

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3   Thanks for the heads up.  The problem is, you can block this number, but they probably have so many other versions of it that they'll use in lieu of this one.  It happens constantly.  It's shameful that there is  nothing that can be done about all these criminal calls.

Respected Contributor

@nyc1   Of course you're right about the ever-changing phone numbers. Have you ever gotten a text scam? Is this common in other areas of the country and has just reached the Philadelphia area?

Trusted Contributor

Text scams are occurring across the country, unfortunately.

Respected Contributor

I've received suspicious looking texts and I don't even open them.   You have to be so careful of everything, especially LINKS!  Never click on those.  They tell you not to even click on the banners of ads that you see. 

Respected Contributor

Re: New (to me) Phone Scam

[ Edited ]

@PickyPicky3  I've gotten scams on my landline home phone, cell phone, via text and also emails.  The scammers pull their scams on all types.  They are like EOE.... Equal Opportunity Electronics.  ☎📱📲💻

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

One of the most incessant never ending ones lately whether by land line, cell phone, or postcard is the car warranty one. And they all say it's your last chance to renew. The one that I keep getting is about a car that my well into adulthood (in his 40's) son hasn't had for at least 6 years and the car was in his name yet the postcards come in my name and to my landline & cell phone numbers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

One of the most incessant never ending ones lately whether by land line, cell phone, or postcard is the car warranty one. And they all say it's your last chance to renew. The one that I keep getting is about a car that my well into adulthood (in his 40's) son hasn't had for at least 6 years and the car was in his name yet the postcards come in my name and to my landline & cell phone numbers. 

@shaggygirl 

I wish these scammers would loose my number. I receive at least two calls a week. I normally do not pick up numbers that I do not recognize on my cell phone, the problem is that I still telecommute for work for the majority of each week,  most of the times I can tell if it's a work call coming in but sometimes I cant. I just hang up. By the way my car is 8 years old, and I have never had the said warranty that they keep pestering me to renew. 

Honored Contributor

Nice to know I am not alone here but maddening all the same that it continues to happen!!!  I seem to be getting more phone calls all the time....landline and cell.  I usually do not answer any calls I do not recognize.  Leave a message...usually they hang up.  These scam artists think they are so smart! Ha!  The pattern is obvious!  I have blocked so many numbers but they continue to try  another number.  I have gotten the car warranty calls, credit card calls...."please call back ASAP to clear this up before we take legal action"....and just this week a new one....."I would like to bring the $100 I owe you to your house....please call back."..🙄 

Crazy World!  Be careful!  Thanks for posting @PickyPicky3 ...we need reminders of what to look out for.  I have not had text scam....yet.

Honored Contributor

Never received a text scam. Hopefully most people know they would not receive a text for information like this. I'm sure you would receive a letter in the mail or at least a phone call. Even a phone call you have to make sure you are talking to the right people.

When someone used our Visa someone called saying they were Aunt ? so right off I thought this is a scam. She started asking info I was not going to give her. I hung up on her & called the credit union & told them what just happened. They said it was legit. I told them the lady should just say what her name is when she calls not that she's Aunt ?. At any right even dropping the Aunt part I still would have hung up & called my credit union. She called me I did not call her. I could have been talking to anyone.