Honored Contributor

Re: New posters

[ Edited ]

Wonderful tips, @catchersmom!   So thoughtful of you to share your experienced advice.   I think it's good for new posters and also a great reminder for those of us who have been here for years.   

Welcome back, too!   It's so nice to see you posting.😊   

I would like to add another tip:

5.    Take a moment to read the Standards for Participation (link available on the left side of every screen under "Quick links" and the Community Guidelines (under "Welcome Get Started" listed on the left side of every screen).   

It can make posting a wee bit more pleasant if we have at least a general working knowledge of policies to which we agree when we use the forums. 😊   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Regular Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@catchersmom, I've found this question comes up for new posters sometimes. It is usually when a first time poster arrives on the board with their very first post to be an extremely negative, rude, stir-the-pot post criticizing a host.

It makes one think this poster has been around the block a few times.

Good explanation @febe1.

Welcome back @catchersmom!

Honored Contributor

@catchersmom

As a long time poster here (much longer than my 'sign up date' shows), it really irks me when new posters start a thread or comments on one and the "first time poster, so must be a troll" comments start!

For crying out loud, we were ALL a first time poster when we started!

IMO, this gives new posters, who may have a lot to contribute to our forums, the feeling that they are not welcome here.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@catchersmom, I've found this question comes up for new posters sometimes. It is usually when a first time poster arrives on the board with their very first post to be an extremely negative, rude, stir-the-pot post criticizing a host.

It makes one think this poster has been around the block a few times.

@febe1 @catchersmom

Or its some mysterious new poster that asks about a host that has recently quit or was let go by QVC..(and their only limited posts are strictly about that one host asking the same question) ..its more pot stirring or a relative/friend thinking they can get the host

re-hired....LOL!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”