Respected Contributor

What do you hate about the holidays?

Relatives  that are nosey in your business and /or strangers.  I remember when I was around 13  these friends of my dads  invited us for dinner and they decided to talk about how fat i am for the whole evening. I was mortified!!!!!!!. I was not even fat back then.  I was bigger than other kids my age but as far as weight to height ratio  I was somewhat normal. Holidays seem to be the time of inappropiate conversations that noone dares to talk about any other time of  the year. Also religion tends to get thrown into your face this time of year which is ackward  if you are an athiest  or of a non-traditionial religion. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you hate about the holidays?

If I'm honest (from someone who hasn't worked in 44 years) my friends (who are all retired) say that it's all of the people out on the roads!

Everyone is in such a hurry.  There's quite a difference.

Honored Contributor

I don't hate anything about the Holidays.  People are usually nicer at that time of year.  Look forward to seeing people (relatives and others) that I haven't seen much all year.  

Honored Contributor

Nothing.  Despite the fact they are a lot of work, I love all the holidays.  Any time we get together with our family and friends, is worth the preparation.

I will confess, when my stepmother was alive I dreaded the anticipation of whether or not she'd show up.  It was always a plus for us if she chose to go to her son's house.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the fact that the holidays have lost their true meaning, IMO, and it's now all about the $$$$$. Buy-buy-buy, starting in July-- total overkill.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

My sister has always carried a lot of baggage and every holiday she brings drama.  This year will be no different in that regard.  

Respected Contributor

Hearing Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah & Happy New Year.  

Respected Contributor

I love the holidays and I am very thankful to be around to celebrate another year full of them. 

Honored Contributor

People complaining about what holidays are called.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Christmas music in stores. Those tacky huge inflated decorations.