Super Contributor

I used to be on the QVC forums a long time ago, before they changed to this format. I just came back recently (once life settled down a bit). Almost all of my experiences here have been positive and my general impression is this forum is made up of a great group of individuals. Smiley Happy Different personalities and opinions sure; but isn't that part of the draw for forums?

Anyway, I've noticed that sometimes when new posters give their first post a comment is made about them being new. From what I can tell (and this is just me trying to figure out the "why") something must have happened where there was a problem with new posters. I wasn't here when it happened, so don't know for sure. I do know I was always made to feel welcome, and that helped my comfort level tremendously.

If you are new here's a couple of tips I picked up along the way:

1. Make sure you are posting in the right forum (lol like right now, I'm not sure I should have placed this in community....maybe should have been in Q Talk??)

2. If you are using the search function to see if there is already a thread you are interested in, please pay attention to the dates of the posts. That search function will pull up threads that are many years old! It's almost caught me a couple of times.

3. Be respectful--different personalities, viewpoints, backgrounds, shopping preferences, etc. There's a pretty good variety here, and that is part of the charm.

4. If you have questions just ask! So many have helped me learn how to navigate and use the boards. I am, however, still a work in progress. Smiley Wink

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Honored Contributor

Thanks for your post,

Image result for welcome back animated  word images

Honored Contributor

CA0A7732-4154-4870-805F-706DCDD06689.gif

@catchersmom

I’m sure that we have posted together... great tips!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Also Great advice for seasoned posters, thank you.

Honored Contributor

Welcome back, nice of you to be of help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@croemer

Good to “see” you!

Remember you from back in the day, hope you’ll be around more.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

Thanks you guys Smiley Happy.

@Drythe One of the neatest things about returning after a long absence was still seeing posters I remembered! If you think about all the changes in your life over the past 10+ years it's kind of amazing to have that happen. Nice to see you too!

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Respected Contributor

@catchersmom  Hello and welcome back. I am new to this forum but have posted for a long time on other forums.

Some posters on a few of the forums get irritated on little things that none of us even notice. Life is too short not to just enjoy all the great people here and all kinds of wisdom and tips we bring to each other.

I have found a few really nice posters that I follow regularly and all the other delightful posters here are kind.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@catchersmom, I've found this question comes up for new posters sometimes. It is usually when a first time poster arrives on the board with their very first post to be an extremely negative, rude, stir-the-pot post criticizing a host.

It makes one think this poster has been around the block a few times.

Super Contributor

Very helpful for new posters @catchersmom!

Thanks for doing that and Welcome Back!

💙❤️💛💜💚