Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia 

Toyota s last forever.  I drive a classic 4 Runner. I love it!

Honored Contributor

@Mrs Pez Head  We are happy Equinox owners too, but many people eliminate anything from the big three US automakers.  Toyota has an excellent reputation.

Honored Contributor

my husband and i own 2 toyota,

2010 corolla

2003 matrix.

we bring them to the dealership for oil changes,/tires/batteries/anything dealing with the cars.

My car the 03 matrix has about 85,000 on it or so.

my husband's car has 130,000 or so on it.

both cars are in excellent shape,will keep these cars till they fall apart.

hope you have a great time with your new sweet baby

PS 

have gotten letters/ emails from the dealership asking for me to sell my car , people are asking for the older cars. how true this is don't know but my car is paid for, great shape, not going to sell it.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

my husband and i own 2 toyota,

2010 corolla

2003 matrix.

we bring them to the dealership for oil changes,/tires/batteries/anything dealing with the cars.

My car the 03 matrix has about 85,000 on it or so.

my husband's car has 130,000 or so on it.

both cars are in excellent shape,will keep these cars till they fall apart.

hope you have a great time with your new sweet baby

PS 

have gotten letters/ emails from the dealership asking for me to sell my car , people are asking for the older cars. how true this is don't know but my car is paid for, great shape, not going to sell it.

@viva923 

I thought about getting a RAV4, but I didn't like the newer body styles.  I liked the original body styles.  Toyotas really hold their value, too.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia 

when I left spouse said "what color are you getting?" I know you'll get a new car!  I said "jerky this is only 15 months old -- not today!"

Well this seems to be my weakness😉.  My technician says "trading up today" I said "No just oil change".  She laughed and said "you don't want to break your streak do you?"

Firmly I said "no way".  1 hour later I traded my car🙈

This is the 4th one I've done like this--they know me to well & I adore my service tech, sales mgr & dealership.  It's just too easy and I sometimes I even make a few dollars🙂

and yes, it's much easier for him as he's on oxygen 24/7 and easier getting in & out.  Now, I hope we can go on longer trips and he will be more comfortable. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia @Is the driver seat comfortable?

Trusted Contributor

I have a 2020 toyota corolla got it brand new.. i know with the amount i drive, it will last me forever!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D , yes, with caveats.  I am used to a truck, so I am used to sitting higher.  It's a nice seat though.

@Mindy D wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia @Is the driver seat comfortable?

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

How are you doing with all the newfangled additions? @Sweetbay magnolia 

Little moment of panic today trying to figure out accessory mode (with the keyless ignition) and some snafus regarding old habits that die hard, but I do love the computer screen, Apple car play, back up camera, and, perhaps most important, the "CVT" - continuous variable transmission.

It takes a picture of the speed limit signs and tells you what it is!  I haven't messed with the lane change/auto cruise control yet. 

No way DH is allowed to touch this yet.  He is a luddite.

I wish I could have kept my truck, but this is a nice little car.

@suzyQ3 

Add:  love the auto headlights, auto brights, auto parking brake

Cogito ergo sum
Occasional Contributor

Toyotas are great cars, I've had a Celica with a whale tail on the back (came that way), traded for a Nissan--not a fan, traded that for a Scion and drove that until someone rear ended it, bought a Subaru Outback--love & still have. I had a mid-life crisis and ordered a Supra.  Fun little car to drive!