Super Contributor

Every time I turn in parts of the day I see these strange new faces.  Now I typically don't like new hosts til I warm up to them, but not sure with this crop.  I appreciate Rick, Mary Beth, and Jane more and more as these new silly kids come up the ranks.  I think the older hosts started as sales people and then moved into the social media persona but I think the new people are kinda see themselves as social media personalities and the presentations are less about the product but themselves.

I just got into beauty products and they get rid of BeautyIQ.  I'd watch it before bedtime and liked learning about the products in depth.  I have no desire to watch on Facebook or whatever digital platform they have in mind.  I guess Q has to change with the times and rope in newer buyers and not really care if us old fogies are on board with it.

Respected Contributor

@corita @Sweet Serenity

I could not agree more.  I watched Kirsten clone into Shawn except she is not nearly as personable.  Throwing her body into odd positions, talking non stop in a monotone voice and that constant ahmn .............  Someone once asked her on her Facebook page why she did that between every other word. 

Her reply to that person - "because I can". 

Immediately left her FB page and have never watched her again. 

Was Courtney Webb let go? Haven’t seen her lately and she is not listed on the Meet the Hosts page.

Valued Contributor
I have seen her name in the program guide. IMO, she is not good host material. She was on with Nick Chavez and acted like a teenager. However, I probably would too. She seems nervous and not prepared. Hopefully, she will improve.
Valued Contributor
Where is the new male host with the accent?
Haven't seen him listed in the program guide.
Esteemed Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

It seems that every time we have a batch of new hosts, as soon as they have been on their own for a few months, the complaints start. How would you feel if you had just started a new job and needed to learn several computer programs as well as how the company wanted you to do your job and you had someone looking over your shoulder every single minute and reciting to you what you are doing wrong on a daily basis. That would be unnerving for me and I would probably quit because I hate to be micro-managed. Maybe we could be a little more patient and give the new hosts some time to become comfortable in their own skin while doing this difficult job.Smiley Happy

-------------------

By the time they are hosting on live TV, they should have been trained and learned all the aspects of being a Q host...like taking direction from director, computer programs, timing etc.  I assume that many hours of that training is 'role playing' an item presentation.  If they can't handle all those hosting skills, they should not be put on live TV.

Everyone, who is hired by an employer, has someone 

looking over their shoulder. Job performance should be evalauted by employer, customers/audience and self evaluations. 

Occasional Contributor

Apparently he did. Very disappointing as he was the only one of the newer bunch i genuinely enjoyed and he was tenured, being with QVC UK nearly a decade prior. No idea why in the world he did not stick around.......

Occasional Contributor

Why do I feel that this post was written by a possibly sub-par host? Lol.