Respected Contributor

Not impressed by most of them!

Honored Contributor

Most annoying is unprepared hosts. Early mornings increasingly the worst. 

Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely agree, in most cases.  One or two are adequate to good.  Several are quite terrible.

With the shutdown of BeautyIQ there are clearly too many hosts running around.

Honored Contributor

I totally agree.  The group just before are much better.  This last group--not prepared at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree - not impressed at all. They're too cheeky and the niceness seems overdone. I prefer the older QVC hosts. Also, some of the HSN hosts are excellent as they are veteran sellers and stick to speaking about the item, and not themselves. 

Esteemed Contributor

In a corporate, executive shakeup the host recruiters from HSN should replace those at QVC.  I really enjoy some of the more recent HSN recruits: Deb Dedmon, Tina Jennings, Michelle Yarn.......I really wonder what QVC was thinking in recent years.

Honored Contributor

They must be on during the off hours because I haven't seen any of them yet.  That is the "training" period so have some patience.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I absolutely agree, in most cases.  One or two are adequate to good.  Several are quite terrible.

With the shutdown of BeautyIQ there are clearly too many hosts running around.

--------------------------

I never understood the reason for that third channel.  It was supposed to be the dedicated 'Beauty' channel. But beauty items were still being presented and sold on the other two channels!!   Seemed like a huge waste of resources - money, personnel etc. 

And, I agree, now more hosts than are probably needed  - unless some are leaving.  Can actually think of a few that I wouldn't miss - tenured and new.

Valued Contributor

I'm in total agreement with you. I've seen a few new host, just cannot stomach them. Very unprofessional, and even with time, I don't think that will help. JMHO 

Esteemed Contributor

That "training period" excuse doesn't just hold up any longer for me.

They had 4 months behind the scenes training, (doing what, I often wonder) time on-air with a seasoned host and have been solo for almost 3 months.

Times up!  Q just, sometimes, makes very lousy decisions.