Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I have to agree that some of the new hosts seem ill-suited for the job. 

I think Anthony is great; Katrina is very good hosting fashion. 

The most frustrating to watch are those saccharin smiles that try to cover all of the mistakes and omissions they are making, over & over.  I realize it's a tough job though.  Give them some time, they may pleasantly surprise.

While learning on the job continues, I've had to stop watching in the early morning hours altogether.  I used to love that quiet time to shop QVC, but no longer. 

@Caaareful Shopper 

I hope you don't mean Kristine Zell she is so ill prepared and talks about herself more than the product.....

Now Katie McGee is quite good with all kinds of merchandise

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@jnb0903 wrote:

The only host I find truly annoying is Kristen/Kirsten? I'm sitting here on my lunch break and she seems off her rocker. Way to over ecstatic about stuff.

It is annoying how often she interrupts the guest. But I'm sure others adore her. All of the others are good or great. It may just be a personal preference thing. People will always have a fav and a least favorite. 🙂

@jnb0903 

That describes Kristine Zell to a tee....It's so frustrating when I'm trying to learn about a product and she interrupts with a story about herself or some obvious unimportant detail....smh

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Kirsten impossible. while watching a swimsuit presentation she kept going on and on swimsuit was made for her. Before you know presentation is over no mention of pertinent information. Ugh! Then her yoga moves. Enough!

Edited- 

Kirsten is not a new host. No longer watch anything she presents. Annoying host! Is understatement. She is hands down unwatchable. No one tops her. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Kirsten impossible. while watching a swimsuit presentation she kept going on and on swimsuit was made for her. Before you know presentation is over no mention of pertinent information. Ugh! Then her yoga moves. Enough!

Edited- 

Kirsten is not a new host. No longer watch anything she presents. Annoying host! Is understatement. She is hands down unwatchable. No one tops her. 

@Sweet_Serenity   

They are both unwatchable

This is Kristine......

seq2_spot1_MeetTheHosts_Kristine_20180621.jpg

This is Kerstin

MeetTheHosts_Kerstin_20160913.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

You can say that again! Your comment previously on point. Thank you!

Valued Contributor

Courtney webb is very very unprepared

Honored Contributor

Courtney Webb reminds me a lot of Alex Butler in her demeanor.  I found Alex to be just too much right out of the gate and that's how I feel about Courtney.  The last time I saw her I was thinking I'd be surprised if she makes it.

It's also clear to me that just because someone spent a lot of time on tv, like Terrie Conn, that doesn't mean they easily cross over to selling.  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I have to agree that some of the new hosts seem ill-suited for the job. 

I think Anthony is great; Katrina is very good hosting fashion. 

The most frustrating to watch are those saccharin smiles that try to cover all of the mistakes and omissions they are making, over & over.  I realize it's a tough job though.  Give them some time, they may pleasantly surprise.

While learning on the job continues, I've had to stop watching in the early morning hours altogether.  I used to love that quiet time to shop QVC, but no longer. 

@Caaareful Shopper 

I hope you don't mean Kristine Zell she is so ill prepared and talks about herself more than the product.....

Now Katie McGee is quite good with all kinds of merchandise

Whew! I agree with you @Spurt , 100%.  I am only happy watch Anthony and Katrina of the newest group of hosts.  They give all the information, have minimal repeated mistakes, and give off a very pleasant vibe.

The group hired before that have all gotten better, with that one exception. 

Frequent Contributor

I have never watched the girl in the first picture. I must just watch at a different time. But I was talking about the bottom girl. 

Kerstin just makes me change the channel. But honestly sometimes I want to see an item and if she is presenting it I will look it up instead just to get her off of my TV. 

Today is a good example. During lunch she seemed almost high on caffeine. She was presenting the philosophy shower gels but I couldn't even listen to the scents because she kept interrupting and being just over the top. Maybe she drank to many green juice things. Idk. But I turned her off and went over to hsn. 

I do like most of the hosts. David, Jane, Pat and Jayne, Carolyn, Mary Beth, Anthony, Dan, and Antonella (my fave), Jennifer Coffey, Jill, Mary Nelson, Rachel, and Rick. All good/great hosts. I like Albertie alot but hope he eventually gets over the faux extreme enthusiasm. I also did really enjoy Courtney Karson on beauty iq. She was made for that job and she should honestly be held on to above anyone else from over there. Sometimes she was a butover the top but you could tell she really liked showing the products. 

I think it is mostly personal preference but I also wondered if I was the only one who found kerstin just...rude to the guests? Idk how to explain it better than that. I just know I don't really care about her infatuation with Jamie foxx. Just want to see the sunglasses. I don't care about how she can't live without fake tans. Just want to see the product. I don't need to see her swimsuit model pictures when there are perfectly nice models standing right there on stage in said suit. I'm sure she's a lovely person but it isn't the kerstin show, ya know? LoL hopefully this doesn't seem mean because I'm not at all trying to pick on anyone. I'm just pointing out my observation. ✌️😊

Trusted Contributor

Why don't we give these new hosts some time. I remember when Shawn started (as an example). I was not a fan of all her clever little phrases - it drove me crazy. However, over time, she calmed down, the cleverness calmed down, we came to see her real personality, and she became a pleasure to watch. The hosting job is a very difficult job and the new hosts are nervous and sometimes forget that their focus needs to be on educating us about the product, not telling us stories about their lives. I think the personal stories are told out of nervousness to fill the time. I know I would have a hard time talking, for the amount of time they have to talk, about individual products.

It seems that every time we have a batch of new hosts, as soon as they have been on their own for a few months, the complaints start. How would you feel if you had just started a new job and needed to learn several computer programs as well as how the company wanted you to do your job and you had someone looking over your shoulder every single minute and reciting to you what you are doing wrong on a daily basis. That would be unnerving for me and I would probably quit because I hate to be micro-managed. Maybe we could be a little more patient and give the new hosts some time to become comfortable in their own skin while doing this difficult job.Smiley Happy