Honored Contributor

AuntG:  I don't dare to say which brand (well, I don't recall anyway because most of them look alike, style-wise), but the first car I sat in, when I turned my head to see the side-rear and rear area visibility, it reminded me of something similar to a cave, c*sket, etc.  So very dark.  At that time, I was thinking that if I had youngsters, I wouldn't want them sitting in a dark cave. 

Which gets me to thinking about how youngsters probably should be able to sit in the back seat  of a car and 'look around' at the passing views, countryside, just their environment in general.  I know, off topic.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Re: New Cars, which one?

[ Edited ]

I have not read the thread but I am loving my new Subaru Outback with all of the safety features.  My petty gripe is that two other people nearby also got the Outback in red😏

My son bought our 2010 Outback.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

AuntG:  'Funny' that the ones with excellent safety/crash ratings were (allegedly) the ones stated/posted here (S. Forrester, Outback, etc.) which had the Most rear window visibility..........

I guess we really shouldn't rely on what salespeople of other car brands with not much window visibility tell us.........(allegedly, etc., etc. and just my opinion.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Update!  Just this morning, while on a walk, I ran across a  Forrester parked in someone's driveway.  Looking at the car from the outside, Lots of light within the car, lots of visibility (compared with the bullet capsule looking other new cars, imo).

I'll be looking/sitting in one this week, hopefully. 

Also, it seems to be high enough off of the ground.

Most other brands seem very close to the ground, especially at the front end.   Not too good when occasionally running over 'this and that' debris on freeways. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tansy wrote:

I have not read the thread but I am loving my new Subaru Outback with all of the safety features.  My petty gripe is that two other people nearby also got the Outback in red😏

My son bought our 2010 Outback.  

They're terrific cars, aren't they?  We have a 2016 Outback after years of Hondas and Toyotas and this is probably our very favorite of any car we've had over the years.

Super Contributor

The CRV, they hold their value the best.  I'm on my second one, It's a 2017 and I love it.

Honored Contributor

MONTANA, AUNT G AND OTHERS:

Without going into way too much detail:

My words can't thank you enough for your excellent and very helpful suggestions. Heart

Enjoy your week!

Contributor

Oh the CRV! I'm a Honda girl & just love the CRV's. WIth that said my SO drives a Mazda CX5, along with several friends & they are very happy. One couple just traded theirs up for 2018. I don't think you can go wrong with either option, have you test drove at all? That might be the deciding factor. Happy, safe travels! 

Esteemed Contributor

Honda CRV all the way. Honda is an excellent company. Not only do they make a great car but they stand behind their products 100%!!

We are a 3 car family.For the past 11 years we’ve only bought Hondas.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd try to do some research and see how happy the owners are with them.