Honored Contributor

This is unbelievable.  10 shot in ONE day????  This is in Chicago and it needs to stop.   Plus close to 70 shootings this past weekend.  OMG!  Chicago is a beautiful city situated on Lake Michigan.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Nothing will change until something does. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, that was all over the news tonight.  It sounds like a war zone.  I feel sorry for the innocent people being held hostage during this carnage.   I'd be afraid to leave my house.  Question is of course, what are the city leaders going to do about it?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Nothing will change until people do.

They have to realize that it all starts in the family, the neighborhood, the community. People have to take back their streets. They have to work with LE and not stand for this any longer. 

People have to fix themselves, and their environment. Nobody outside can truly make permanent fixes. It comes from within.

Esteemed Contributor

Human life doesn’t seem to be valued anymore.We’ve regressed to a wild wild west mentality. This will keep happening until the elephant in the room is addressed.I wonder what it will take.

Honored Contributor

Re: 10 People Shot TODAY!

[ Edited ]

ChiTown has been a war zone for quite some time last I checked.........

Honored Contributor

To those who live in the area, does it seem to be the result of gang activity?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was born and raised in Chicago.  We moved to the suburbs in 1987.  This is not the Chicago I knew and loved.  For some reason, my husband still loves the city and enjoys going down there.  You couldn't pay me to go there, and I don't scare easy. 

I think the last count on the 9:00 news was 75 shot from Friday afternoon to Monday morning.  63 of those are injured, 12 deceased.  And the city leaders have stated that violence is on the decline.  Seriously???   

ETA ~ @Kachina624 ~ I think most of the shootings are gang related.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For the most part, the shootings are not necessarily city-wide and typically concentrated in certain areas. During the same weekend, 100,000 people were attending Lollapalooza each day. As it was commented on my morning news, it is truly a tale of two cities.

Last year was a record breaking one for tourism in Chicago. The shootings aren’t keeping people away. (Of course, you still need to be wary of your surroundings, as I would be in any city.)

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political