Respected Contributor

I love input, so I'm down to 3 options.  What do you think?  The first 2 are still 2018 but the Latitude is 2019.  It's just my 60# dog and I so no family to haul around.  I should be driving a Mustang or Camaro but I'm just too darn practical.

CRV, Mazda CX5 or a Cherokee Latitude 

Honored Contributor

I would choose the Cherokee Latitude.

Esteemed Contributor

CRV in a heartbeat.  

Honda so reliable.

Super Contributor

I vote for the CRV. I have one that is 13 years old and I love it and plan to drive it until it dies but my next car will be a Subaru Forester.

Super Contributor

No doubt, the CRV!

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I love input, so I'm down to 3 options.  What do you think?  The first 2 are still 2018 but the Latitude is 2019.  It's just my 60# dog and I so no family to haul around.  I should be driving a Mustang or Camaro but I'm just too darn practical.

CRV, Mazda CX5 or a Cherokee Latitude 

CRV

Honored Contributor

A few years ago it was hard to get parts for Mazda's. I dont know if that has changed or not.

I was a dispatcher for a tow truck company and we were forever towing Jeep Cherokee's to the repair shop.

Ive had Hondas and worked for them for several years.  I never had a minutes trouble with them, and I know how picky their quality control is.

I in my opinion the CRV

I wish you well and safety in which ever one you choose.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Re: New Cars, which one?

[ Edited ]

I just got a new 2018 Subaru Forester last week.

Primary reasons for buying this type of car after years of driving sedans were its high ratings for safety and crashworthiness, easy visibility (especially compared with my Camry which had so many blind spots), plus the fact that it and the Audi are the two most quickly sold cars year after year and highly rated by Consumer Reports and other sources.

Was on the verge of buying an Audi Q5, which I absolutely loved, but overnight decided that the Forester would be a good car to pass along or sell to one of my sons in the next year or two.  I don't really "love" the Forester from a beauty or luxury standpoint.

The Audi takes premium gas, and I didn't think either son would want to buy premium gas OR pay the higher price of the Audi.  Someday, though, I'm gonna get my Audi...LOL!!

I also looked at the Lexus and Acura smaller SUVs but didn't like either one.

Good luck with your car-buying.  I find it a pain to do and am always glad when it's over and a decision is made.

Honda would be a good choice.  Jeep not so much, based on its consistently low ratings for reliability and other factors, including a lot of recalls and low resale values.

Honored Contributor

Another vote for Honda.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling The Honda or the Mazda... I'd think either would be more reliable than the Jeep. Personally, I'd probably opt for the Mazda.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...