Respected Contributor

i'd go with the CRV.  I'm on my second Accord.  I didn't have an emotional attaachment to the first one, but I knew that it was a great car and the right one to choose.  Had it for 7 years, and only traded it in because they gave me such a good deal on a new one.  The "new" one is 5 years old.  I LOVE it!

I tested Mazdas about 13 years ago, and loved the handling, but didn't find the seats comfortable.... I'm sure a lot has changed since then... that shouldn't deter you!

As for the Jeep, I was weaned on Chryslers, grew up with them, loved them.  My last one (which I loved more than any of the others, and kept for 9.5 years) had more issues than I thought it should, and I traded it for the first Accord.  I have a friend who works in the automotive industry, and he doesn't think that Chrysler quality is up to snuff.

Valued Contributor

I had to recently buy a new car, almost went with a Subaru Forester but ended up with a Toyota Rav4 in Electric Blue (came down to which dealer would meet price I wanted to pay) - I love it and glad I got it. My previous car was a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe which had no bells & whitles and this doesn't have alot but has enough - I only got the XLE version.

New car.jpg

Honored Contributor

My DH the car guy says go with the Mazda.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Cars, which one?

[ Edited ]

SUBARU just came out with a new model.  It is the ASCENT.  My husband loves to take his large dog to Agility and Nose Work events.  He has a dog crate in the back of his vehicle and the dog travels safely in it.  So, my husband just purchased this new Subaru Ascent.  It is a great car!  This is the sixth Subaru we have purchased.  Over the years we have been very happy with this line of cars.

Trusted Contributor

@Just Bling  Another strong yes for Honda here. 

Honored Contributor

My trucker daughter recently overheard a family member talking about their decision to buy a new car and asking for opinions and suggestions.   My daughter shared what vehicles she saw broken down on the side of the road most often, which are Chevy, Ford, Jeep, Dodge, Hyundai, and Kia.    She rarely sees Mazda, Toyota, Subaru, and Honda vehicles broke down.   

Respected Contributor

Honda has gone to a turbocharged engine on the CRV's and they're having big problems with it.  Anyone in the market for a new one would be doing themselves a favor by going to the Honda CRV forums and see what new owners are finding out about it.  The company has had big recalls in China but are ignoring the problem in the U.S.  I wouldn't touch one of them.  We at one time were a big Honda family.

Respected Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

SUBARU just came out with a new model.  It is the ASCENT.  My husband loves to take his large dog to Agility and Nose Work events.  He has a dog crate in the back of his vehicle and the dog travels safely in it.  So, my husband just purchased this new Subaru Ascent.  It is a great car!  This is the sixth Subaru we have purchased.  Over the years we have been very happy with this line of cars.

We've switched from Hondas and Toyotas to Subarus and love our Outback!  Would buy another one in a NY minute.

Respected Contributor

I would choose the Honda as they are more reliable.  But, I would pick a Subaru over any car.  I don't have one but my son has had them and they are excellent, and great trade in value.  I have a VW Beetle but that's cause I'm old and want what I want.  I've always liked Beetles.

Respected Contributor

I have a Subaru Forester...   it's my second Forester.  In 2 weeks,  I will have owned it for 12 years.  LOVE LOVE LOVE it.   The new ones are bigger and higher than mine (i just had a loaner for a day and it had so much pep and drove so well).

I'm placing a write in vote for the Forester!!!!