Esteemed Contributor

Re: Neiman Marcus to File Bankruptcy

I wonder if statistics will be given next year for the small/mom and pop businesses that have failed/will fail in 2020.  Businesses that people made from their sweat or took over from their parents, poured their lives into.  Gone. 

Keepin' it real.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I shop all the time with Neimans online.  I have been in the stores only a few times.  I live far from nearest store.  I usually find what I need.  I notice the last year they have tons of stuff they never seemed to sell before, and  at a lower price point.  I love Neimans.  But am a little sad they parted company with sweet Lady Jane Bakery .  The carrot cake is beyond delicious.  They have a bakery in SoCal, but I am in NorCal  it was our family favorite bday cake.   I notice many gourmet vendors have even chiseled out a bit  darn.  Also, many items are back ordered quite a bit.  

Honored Contributor

A bankruptcy doesn't meant why are closing necessarily. It's too early to know how it will play out. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got an email from Neiman Marcus yesterday.

They  voluntarily filed a Chapter 11 bankruptcy where they will restructure their debt and give it another go.

Nothing will change for it's customers or business operations (including Bergdorf Goodman) and all will continue on as usual.  Hope for a long time to come fingers crossed.  Smiley Happy